Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hunter friendly accommodations Osoyoos area.

Hunter friendly accommodations Osoyoos area.

Will be hunting mid November just east of Osoyoos BC. Was looking for information on a hunter friendly accommodations preferably east of Osoyoos. Any suggestions or contact info would be appreciated. P.m. me through website.
    Thanks Dan.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Hunter friendly accommodations Osoyoos area.

Try AirBNB. Look up Lisa and Walter. Great place and the have a place to hang animals.

Forgot. They are at rock creek

What are hunter friendly accomodations? Never had an issue staying anywhere based on my hunting. Pick where you want to stay and pay up

Was thinking about having a place to hang game. Should’ve clarified that. Any other suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by mcmullmar View Post
    Forgot. They are at rock creek
    That is just east of Osoyoos.

There are lots of cabins at Mt Baldy that would probably be rentable. I’m sure you can hang game somewhere there, as long as you don’t leave a big mess of guts and blood behind.
    If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat?

BHA, BCWF, CCFR, PETA, Lever Action Addict.

Quote Originally Posted by cameron0518 View Post
    What are hunter friendly accomodations? Never had an issue staying anywhere based on my hunting. Pick where you want to stay and pay up
    When it comes to cabin rentals, especially private Airbnb type places lots are not "hunter friendly" mostly meaning they are not ok with hanging/skinning on their property. I just recently received an email back from a cabin owner telling me that if I was going to rent their cabin for the purpose of hunting I was not welcome...reason was and I quote " the neighbours don't want to see dead animals hanging from the door". I never said I was going to hang dead animals from their door, but obviously there was disdain for the fact I wanted to rent their cabin for a hunting trip...that to me is not "hunter friendly".

Having said that I also stayed at an Airbnb cabin near Kamloops that was completely the opposite, owners live on the property and their kids come running to help with hanging/skinning if you a get a animal...owners even offered to let me hunt on their land( they have 70 acres)which was totally unexpected...Very "hunter friendly" people

Last edited by Islander30; 11-02-2019 at 11:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Islander30 View Post
    When it comes to cabin rentals, especially private Airbnb type places lots are not "hunter friendly" mostly meaning they are not ok with hanging/skinning on their property. I just recently received an email back from a cabin owner telling me that if I was going to rent their cabin for the purpose of hunting I was not welcome...reason was and I quote " the neighbours don't want to see dead animals hanging from the door". I never said I was going to hang dead animals from their door, but obviously there was disdain for the fact I wanted to rent their cabin for a hunting trip...that to me is not "hunter friendly".

Having said that I also stayed at an Airbnb cabin near Kamloops that was completely the opposite, owners live on the property and their kids come running to help with hanging/skinning if you a get a animal...owners even offered to let me hunt on their land( they have 70 acres)which was totally unexpected...Very "hunter friendly" people

Interesting. Good to hear feedback like yours.

Next hunting season I'll have my very hunter friendly air bnb going in the north shuswap

I've never had a problem at the motels/hotels right in osoyoos.

Like staying at the motels as usually you can park right out of your front door.
    Life begins where your comfort zone ends

WSSBC Monarch; RMGA; 2% for Conservation Certified; WSF; BCWF