Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: kokanee corn scent

Hybrid View

kokanee corn scent

whats everybody using in terms of scent with their corn for fishing for kok through the ice?

I'm thinking of using anise oil this year??
    Last edited by BCHUNTER21; 10-31-2019 at 09:05 PM.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: kokanee corn scent

Pro cure bloody tuna is my go to scent on corn.

any idea where i can buy some? I'm up in the okanagan and i have looked around in the past with no luck.

Quote Originally Posted by BCHUNTER21 View Post
    any idea where i can buy some? I'm up in the okanagan and i have looked around in the past with no luck.
    Call Trout Waters in Kelowna or Lone Butte Sporting Goods. I believe they both do shipping too.

There was a biologist in WL, now Kamloops, that had the magic for a cure. Mike(?) Ramsay, are you out there?

Only spot I've seen it on a shelf is at Cabelas in Abbotsford ( although that doesn't help you much ). I'm headed down there in 2 weeks and if there's some on the shelf I'll pick you up a bottle and I'm sure we can cross paths sometime before the ice comes.

i actually just found some garlic bloody tune pro cure for sale online...$26,free ship for an 8oz bottle.. does that seem high?
    Last edited by BCHUNTER21; 11-03-2019 at 03:01 AM.

I go with krill oil or kokanee killer.

Quote Originally Posted by BCHUNTER21 View Post
    whats everybody using in terms of scent with their corn for fishing for kok through the ice?

I'm thinking of using anise oil this year??
    BCHUNTER21 there are many different scents that will work at different times and at different lakes. The bloody garlic tuna corn and anise corn are 2 popular choices. Last year, I was converted to using mealworms thru the ice more often than corn. The key is to have a few different options on hand.

For more kokanee conversations, feel free to check out our Facebook group at Kokanee Fishing BC or look us up on YouTube at Fougere Family Adventures.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Fougere View Post
    BCHUNTER21 there are many different scents that will work at different times and at different lakes. The bloody garlic tuna corn and anise corn are 2 popular choices. Last year, I was converted to using mealworms thru the ice more often than corn. The key is to have a few different options on hand.

For more kokanee conversations, feel free to check out our Facebook group at Kokanee Fishing BC or look us up on YouTube at Fougere Family Adventures.
    Hey thanks for the info! I've actually been watching your videos for a long time haha. keep up the good stuff!

i found all different types of scents that should work for kokanee on amazon... good prices to boot.

cheers