Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Have the wall tent...now what else?

Re: Have the wall tent...now what else?

Rubber roofing membrane for a floor. Get it bigger so you can turn up the material inside the interior frame, no water can get in period, unless you don't do that haha, then water will come in real easy
    WSSBC Monarch
    WSF Life Member
    2% Certified
    RMGA Member
    CCFR Member

A clothes line of some sort. I have a rope tied between the rafters well above the stove with a bunch of hangers. Dry warm clothes every day.

Quote Originally Posted by lakelander View Post
    Is that safe...I'd be worried about carbon monoxide
    They have new....ish diesel stoves that vent like a wood stove and have some pretty sweet upside. Little more pricey, but burn longer, easy to get fuel, no need to have to get wood in sub-optimal conditions, etc. I like the wood heat. For the most part,I enjoy getting wood.
    There was a time I thought all parties that cared for wildlife and habitat conservation could find common ground. I was wrong. Adapt....

Quote Originally Posted by 460s&w View Post
    we just got back from a 7 day trip. Gotta love the wall tent
    nicely done!
    There was a time I thought all parties that cared for wildlife and habitat conservation could find common ground. I was wrong. Adapt....

The weak link is the tent pegs as has been said in a storm you need beefy ones. But just hit the hardware store not the camping section. Over time I've got an assortment of 6, 8 and 10 inch spikes. Look at the arnox (spiraled) spikes they go in easy and hold really well. Don't forget a claw hammer or crow bar to get them out.
    its gonna take a life time to hunt and fish all this

Quote Originally Posted by srupp View Post
    Hmmm great suggestions from some obviously clever experienced outdoors persons..I look forward to sleeping in wall tents because of the wood heat..clothes dry, one truly gets warm and a good stove, dry wood and experienced operator can fine tune the heat out put like a fine fiddle.
    I was a guest in a DELUXE wall tent..sponsor? The stove had 2 water jackets, one on each side.so always had hot water..plus it had a fan on the stove that was brass? Anyhow it operated on heat..no batteries, no cord..when the stove heated this fan produced very decent air movement..
    I had bought a Cabelas big man ..w I d e cot..rated for 1300 pounds..plus their delux mattress.it has an organizer along the one side of the length of the cot..rifle..TP...magazine..clock etc etc.
    Then at the foot end it has a rack for hanging cloths. .anyhow very stable, soft, comfortable organized sleeping setup for a wall tent .
    Bills idea on LED strand is exellent, some sort of flooring..old carpet over tarp makes an inexpensive process .
    Love to see photos once you have it set up the way you like it.
    The front vestebule add on is sure nice too.
    cheers
    Srupp
    Mr.Rupp Those fans are available at Lee Valley and probably anyplace that sells wood stoves for residential heating.
    Arctic Lake
    Member of CCFR Would encourage you all to join today !
    Read Teddy Roosevelt “ The Man In The Arena “ !

Another tent peg idea, I got a bunch of 8 or 10 inch by 3/8 lag bolts and brought along the Milwaukee cordless driver. Boom, done. To be honest I've only done that a couple times it could be considered over kill. Not a bad plan to have a driver and some lag bolts with for an extended trip. If you've got a stuborn peg or spike that wants to loosen drive a long lag bolt in there instead.
    its gonna take a life time to hunt and fish all this

Quote Originally Posted by Salty View Post
    Another tent peg idea, I got a bunch of 8 or 10 inch by 3/8 lag bolts and brought along the Milwaukee cordless driver. Boom, done. To be honest I've only done that a couple times it could be considered over kill. Not a bad plan to have a driver and some lag bolts with for an extended trip. If you've got a stuborn peg or spike that wants to loosen drive a long lag bolt in there instead.
    Never had a problem with 18" 5/8ths rod with a nut and washer welded to the end, use an adjustable wrench to turn it round and round , now can be removed by hand.
    We can only be kept in the cages we do not see. @

Great tips folks, thanks for em all. Looks like I have a few "luxuries" to grab before the weekend.

A little pricey but they look cool!
    Last edited by Seeker; 11-01-2019 at 11:35 AM.