Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Have the wall tent...now what else?

Re: Have the wall tent...now what else?

Quote Originally Posted by boxhitch View Post
    Old school. Now its the 12v led rope lights, run on AA batteries, 16 to 30 ft long, with remote
    Do you have a brand name or web link on where to get this?

I never worried about someone stealing it, simply too much work. If you add a 4" foam to the cot, you will be reluctant to go home. A 1/2" closed cell foam under the 4" makes the stove damm near optional.

I sure like the internal frame on mine. We have a old wood fired cook stove that is the cats azz. Nothing like having a roast beef for supper. Ive also got a Yukon 1950 wood/diesel heater for mine. Wall tents are surprisingly comfortable.

Rebar pegs, Princess Auto canvas tarp floor, oven from an old camper, big wood stove. Ours is now a 16x20 palace.
    Blacktailaholic

Quote Originally Posted by Seeker View Post
    I like that!
    We were up to a dozen traps ...once the lights went out they were full in 15 minutes.

That was with the tent set up on the edge of a meadow with a one foot snow coverage...kinda had them thinned out a bit by the second week.

Quote Originally Posted by Islandeer View Post
    Rebar pegs, Princess Auto canvas tarp floor, oven from an old camper, big wood stove. Ours is now a 16x20 palace.
    What size rebar? I would think 12m would bend too easily?
    The only thing I like as much as trucks, is guns.

we use a 12 volt battery, small inverter and a trouble light with an LED light in it,,, hangs from the ridge pole in the center of the tent, works great. An old pool cover (tarp) folded about 6 times and cut to fit works great for the floor we have never had we feet. Small folding chairs, each guy has one by their bed which is great as a night stand or for getting dressed, we also put the chair (expanded) under our cot foam for the day to let the foam dry out more. We made a new stove out of a propane bottle made sure it had a rack on the top so you can put a double boiler system made out of large tin foil pans on it,,, set a casserole on there at lunch time and by time home from evening hunt it is all warmed up.

Man I missed going to camp this year.

XPEIER

ps, our wall tent is actually a pop up garage, we have one for sleeping and one for kitchen

Quote Originally Posted by Squamch View Post
    What size rebar? I would think 12m would bend too easily?
    Not sure, they don’t bend
    Blacktailaholic

Hmmm great suggestions from some obviously clever experienced outdoors persons..I look forward to sleeping in wall tents because of the wood heat..clothes dry, one truly gets warm and a good stove, dry wood and experienced operator can fine tune the heat out put like a fine fiddle.
    I was a guest in a DELUXE wall tent..sponsor? The stove had 2 water jackets, one on each side.so always had hot water..plus it had a fan on the stove that was brass? Anyhow it operated on heat..no batteries, no cord..when the stove heated this fan produced very decent air movement..
    I had bought a Cabelas big man ..w I d e cot..rated for 1300 pounds..plus their delux mattress.it has an organizer along the one side of the length of the cot..rifle..TP...magazine..clock etc etc.
    Then at the foot end it has a rack for hanging cloths. .anyhow very stable, soft, comfortable organized sleeping setup for a wall tent .
    Bills idea on LED strand is exellent, some sort of flooring..old carpet over tarp makes an inexpensive process .
    Love to see photos once you have it set up the way you like it.
    The front vestebule add on is sure nice too.
    cheers
    Srupp

We just got back from a 7 day trip. Gotta love the wall tent
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	C9A307DD-9CEC-43B8-8561-0CF1AF96AFD9.jpg 
Views:	616 
Size:	7.7 KB 
ID:	7642