Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Have the wall tent...now what else?

Have the wall tent...now what else?

My hunting partner just picked up a wall tent after years of contemplating. I ask the question of all wall tent users, with a wall tent set up, what are a few of your "luxuries" or "necessities" that you like to make your camp more enjoyable? We have cots, tables, generator and lights and a few other little things. Fire away....
    There was a time I thought all parties that cared for wildlife and habitat conservation could find common ground. I was wrong. Adapt....

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Have the wall tent...now what else?

wood stove (a chainsaw turns a few liters of fuel into a chord of wood). extra tiedown ropes

Mouse traps!

Leave generator at home!! Use lanterns and headlamps

I have a diesel heater that I used with mine. Wood is nice but I didn't like the burn holes in my tent from cinders escaping the chimney. Diesel also lets you leave it on very low all night which makes a huge difference in the morning.
    Is Justin Competent, or just incompetent?

Quote Originally Posted by albravo2 View Post
    I have a diesel heater that I used with mine. Wood is nice but I didn't like the burn holes in my tent from cinders escaping the chimney. Diesel also lets you leave it on very low all night which makes a huge difference in the morning.
    how many BTU and what size tent?

Quote Originally Posted by 460s&w View Post
    We actually take a 12v fluorescent light fixture (18” long) with a 15’ cord equipped with battery terminal clamps on it and a small 12v battery out of an “old person sidewalk scooter”. It works awesome and last more than the 10 days we usually go. Zap strap the fixture to the ridge pole and run the wire along your poles.

Quote Originally Posted by hawk-i View Post
    Mouse traps!

I like that!
    There was a time I thought all parties that cared for wildlife and habitat conservation could find common ground. I was wrong. Adapt....

Quote Originally Posted by albravo2 View Post
    I tried to talk my buddy into the diesel heater after arriving at a previous camp in the rain and having to try and find dry wood and get anything we cut to burn in order to dry out our gear. Unfortunately Perry did not have any in stock when things were ordered and my hunting partner grabbed a wood outfitter stove. Not the end all, but we'll have to make sure we get our wood in order.
    Last edited by Seeker; 10-31-2019 at 03:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 460s&w View Post
    I was wondering about that. Probably the first thing someone would steal and really all we need it for is lights. Ill look into the fluorescent.
    Last edited by Seeker; 10-31-2019 at 03:44 PM.