Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Have the wall tent...now what else?

Re: Have the wall tent...now what else?

those eco fans work nicely, most home hardware locations sell them too
    Unfortunately, the rifles are getting lighter because we are getting heavier and more unfit as a society. This is the key to the mainstream acceptance of the short magnums. - Nathan Foster

Couple of things that I have picked up over the years. A pressurized zodi shower. Very nice to have a hot shower every couple of days. Keeps your bedding in better shape. For those that have a sidewall stove jack, some heavy duty aluminum foil tucked between the wall and stove pipe on the inside where it exits the tent keeps the wall from getting scorched on the days you are running your stove wide open.
    Princess auto sells milsurp tent pegs that are excellent for holding and durability.

I find these are great to get the fire started. Saves on having to bring tonnes of newspaper.

Last edited by Seeker; 11-01-2019 at 11:41 AM.
    There was a time I thought all parties that cared for wildlife and habitat conservation could find common ground. I was wrong. Adapt....

I bring a couple bundles presto logs burns longer and gives off better heat .

guest Guest

I have these hanging pouches and gun bags and storage bags for binos gloves gear or whatever. They hang from the inside horizontal sidewall poles. They store 2 guns and lots of other gear in below pouches. Made from the same type of material the tents made of. I got this entire set up from Northwest Wall tents in Surrey.
    I also made a few hanging shelves that really come in handy in the add on kitchen area. Above the stove and tables.
    When i ordered my tent i also got frank to add on clear vinyl windows with velcro on the inside to make the window adjustable if its too warm inside .....simply adjust the hieght.....air in air out. Besides tge outside canvas roll up windows.
    My tent was ordered as a 12x14 but i asked frank to add on a 12x8 add on kitchen. This can also be used as a 12x22 . This is purely an option to put on or leave off. It attaches along the entire roof and sidewall seams with 2 inch velcro and is terrific. Frank also installed 2 stove pipe locations one on end wall one on side wall. Different hieghts.
    I asked that no poles be longer than 5 1/2 feet for travelling in a short box truck.
    Full vinyl rain fly tarp......full vinyl floor attaches all sides with velcro also but dont use it much.
    Lovin it glamping while hunting.
    You wont regret getting into a wall tent just care for it properly or its toast.
    Yes mouse traps r a must. We got 6 LEH draws for Mice......filled all authorizations with ease. Take or make traps.in
    Last edited by guest; 11-01-2019 at 11:21 AM.

Use one of these fron Harbour Frieght. Only use three bulbs

fozzy is offline hunting 4 a decent Mulie

Sounds like you need a couple of the CO2 powered good nature mouse traps, the mice would be stacked up like cord wood in the morning.

Quote Originally Posted by hawk-i View Post
    We were up to a dozen traps ...once the lights went out they were full in 15 minutes.

That was with the tent set up on the edge of a meadow with a one foot snow coverage...kinda had them thinned out a bit by the second week.

Quote Originally Posted by hawk-i View Post
    Mouse traps!
    Definitely a must. Last moose trip with wall tent we caught 21 mice around tent in first few nights. Nightmare if you don't bring traps.

Longwalks - suggested Princess Auto 16" Milsurp tent pegs - 5.99 each

Last edited by Seeker; 11-01-2019 at 11:32 AM.
    There was a time I thought all parties that cared for wildlife and habitat conservation could find common ground. I was wrong. Adapt....

I used KMS connectors to make the vestibule kitchen. Just put a tarp over it. I made a couple of folding tables,2'x4' piece of plywood and those folding legs. Now I would simply buy a couple of those plastic fold-up tables. I used one inside across from the stove for eating and sitting, the other outside for the Coleman stove, a three burner. I had a Coleman lantern above it ,for cooking morning breakfast. The first chairs I used were old folding ones from a card table set, later ones were Canadian tire on sale for $9.99.