Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thompson Steelhead

Hybrid View

Thompson Steelhead

DFO seems determined to eradicate Thompson steelhead .. Have a look and PLEASE let your MLA know they have to get off thier butts and stop the gillnet fishery https://bcwf.bc.ca/wp-content/upload...rid=1218623140

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Thompson Steelhead

They've been on that trajectory for a LONG time..... I helped work on the Thompson issue for years and it always fell to deaf ears in DFO and the GoC, one reason I gave that effort up. Its almost like they want to eradicate them so as not to spend any money on it. Also at this point no one in GoC and especially not Govt of BC under Whore-gan is going to interfere with FN,,,so IMHO its dead....
    "From Covid to Hitler in 16 posts. Not today folks"

“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it.” ― George Orwell

Quakee Surpee Neekoo

Why the DFO hasn't stopped the netting or closed it completely is concerning.They will shut down a road to let a thousand frogs migrate but they will let a complete species suffer.I don't get it?

Indians are mostly at Fault - Steel Head trout to them are worth Nothing ! DFO doesnt really give a SHIT ! RJ

Thumbs down Re: Thompson Steelhead

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

A total shame IMO. Its been heading this way for years and really is sad, considering what it once was and what it did for the towns and people of the interior.

Back in the 70-80-90's there was LOTs of Steel Head ! Sport fishers did not do THIS ! Indians did with there " NETs " across the Fraser ! Real Stewarts of the Land they are ! RJ

There may have been some recreational fishers issues. There were attempts to stop the kill fishery and to stop the use of natural bait. Those that wanted to kill fish were very vocal and resisted. As usual the squeakiest wheel got the grease.
    It was not only native fishers gill netting the Fraser.

Quote Originally Posted by SPEYMAN View Post
    There may have been some recreational fishers issues. There were attempts to stop the kill fishery and to stop the use of natural bait. Those that wanted to kill fish were very vocal and resisted. As usual the squeakiest wheel got the grease.
    It was not only native fishers gill netting the Fraser.
    There were definitely some recreational sport fishing issues. They all contributed to mortality in some way, however I think you'd be hard pressed to prove that they were the real demise of this run of fish though.