Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: First sheep hunt

Re: First sheep hunt

Wow, great story and pics. Love that scenery.
    "From Covid to Hitler in 16 posts. Not today folks"

“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it.” ― George Orwell

Quakee Surpee Neekoo

Beauty pics, there's nothing wrong with not shooting one, you got close to quite a few and shot them with your camera..

Those shades you have planted on your melon look like alien eyes, large and quite reflective. Hope you were not wearing them when on the move.
    X3 on the rifle.
    Nevertheless, 'twas a good read.
    ".....It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Trudeau government than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their prime minister......​"

Thanks for sharing man...cool trip for your first one for sure

Quote Originally Posted by Gunner View Post
    Great story, amazing scenery and wow...you really put in a huge effort ! That’s the same tent used on our sheep hunt, it’s a good one. Hope you get one next trip !

Mrs Gunner
    i like the msr tents. I find the hubba to be a little bit tight quarters for two guys, but it’s way lighter than my elixir 3.
    If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're mis-informed.

Quote Originally Posted by Bustercluck View Post
    i like the msr tents. I find the hubba to be a little bit tight quarters for two guys, but it’s way lighter than my elixir 3.
    That was where I was going with that question. I have an elixir 2, planning to use it with my buddy. Wondering if we're gonna be snug, or snuggling.
    The only thing I like as much as trucks, is guns.

Quote Originally Posted by Squamch View Post
    That was where I was going with that question. I have an elixir 2, planning to use it with my buddy. Wondering if we're gonna be snug, or snuggling.
    I find the 3 man elixir to be roomy for 3 adults. The 2 man hubba that you see in my pics is tight for two guys.
    https://www.atmosphere.ca/categories...1674=332521676
    We both have this sleeping pad. It’s a little bit narrower than my other klymit mat and they barely fit in the hubba. If you want to see some more pics or questions, send me a pm or your number and I can text some pics
    If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're mis-informed.

Another option is the Hubba NX single person tent. After having my own space on my last sheep hunt, I don't think I could go back to sharing a tight 2 man tent. Found it easier to find 2 small tent spots, than 1 larger one as well.

Little late to the party here. Just wanted to say great write up and pictures. As someone else mentioned, it's a well-known spot, but rams do get taken there, so keep at it. That boomer could be a real trophy coming from there if he ever makes it back to legal length.

I have been on 3 sheep hunts so far. Found one legal ram but couldn’t get inside 500 yards. Good write up and keep at it.