Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: “Budget” Boots

“Budget” Boots

Kid seems to be outgrowing his boots faster than I can buy them. Typical teen...
    Any recommendations on a comfortable brand that aren’t stupidly expensive? Something half decent I could maybe pass along to another kid later on.
    Don't want to cheap out, but also don’t want to spend $300+ on something he’ll get one season out of...

2. Site Sponsor

Re: “Budget” Boots

Mine hunted in the insulated rubber boots for late fall warm hunting boots (Canadian Tire)

I bought a pair of redhead boots from basspro for when I'm hunting on the quad, and they turned out to be really comfortable, waterproof, and warm. Exceeded my expectation for the price

Bogs or Muck boots work great for kids

Might want a cheap raincoat as well. She has nice boots too.

Quote Originally Posted by Edzzed View Post
    Might want a cheap raincoat as well. She has nice boots too.
    WTF did I do to you to deserve that???? ����

Solomon GTX 4D, just over 200 on sale, just under 300 if not on sale. A huge step up after the CT hunt shield camo boots I used to wear. Great ankle support, I beat the hell out of them, with gaiters I don’t get wet when walking into streams/bogs. Quick break in as well.

Cheers,

Josh
    ~
    Adult Onset Hunter
    CCFR Member

Wherever there is Animal Worship there is Human Sacrifice. That is, both symbolically and literally, a real truth of historical experience.
    — G. K. Chesterton

Quote Originally Posted by tyler-brown View Post
    I bought a pair of redhead boots from basspro for when I'm hunting on the quad, and they turned out to be really comfortable, waterproof, and warm. Exceeded my expectation for the price
    Have Scarpa ($$$$) and Other name brand boots costing a pretty penny, and I’m quite impressed with these boots I picked up at Bass Pro as well. Way better than expected.
    PAPERS! Show me YOUR PAPERS!!

I don't think crotch is the stealthiest scent for deer hunting. (Surrey Boy)

so are you gonna stop spreading it on your nuts for your dog to lick off? (monasheemountainman)

You weren't there and you didn't get a moose hoof to the balls. (300rum700)

Will have a look at the Redheads next time at Cabelas. Any particular model that impressed you guys? Could do with a new pair of early season hikers myself.

Dont know the model, but the must be an 6"-8" boot. Camo along the sides mixed with brown leather. I think they have orange on the inside of the tongue? I find my self slipping those on when its wet outside and taking the dog for a walk.