Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone wear blaze while hunting.

Anyone wear blaze while hunting.

I've done most of my hunting on private land, so I haven't been too worried about other hunters, will be going out on crown land this november in 8-15 just wondering if any of your wore blaze or what other precautions you took to counteract trigger happy yahoos.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Anyone wear blaze while hunting.

If i know there are others hunting in the area or is very popular like 8-15 will be in Nov. I would definitly wear some blaze especially if I am still hunting or moving through bush. Once i get to stand i camo up.

Nope, camo head to toe for me. Haven't been scoped since I stopped wearing a colour.

No one knows when they have and havent been scoped. Unless they have spotted the spotter. If you do wear blaze, try to find some that is broke up with branch colors going through it, Remember animals can pick out solid colors faster then the ones that are broke up.
    Last edited by ruger#1; 10-01-2007 at 02:24 PM.

If I know that there area is hot with pressure from cars and hunters while i'm hiking higher up, I usually pull out my blaze vest and tie it to my pack while I hike. I hate for some buck fevered "a"hole scoping me.

camo head to toe for me...

will break out the blaze when packing an animal out this year for sure!
    Thompson Center ProHunter - Owner/Operator

Level A Welder / Fabricator by Trade

I am usually camo all the way. I do carry an orange touque and some ribbon to blaze up antlers if I am successful. You cant be too careful when you might come across the beer in one hand and gun in the other crowd. Oddly enough they are usually camo clad and dont leave the confines of the truck except to get more booze...

Normally I do not....but like others I do carry a Blaze vest occasionally that I'll put on if moving through bush close to roads and such.

I wear Camo - head to toe but also have a blaze hat, and a headband that's camo on one side and blaze on the other for when we're hiking/tracking. I never thought of using the blaze tape on the rack though - great idea. And I like the blaze/camo jacket photo posted below. Great ideas.