Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Havent seen a single WT buck

Re: Havent seen a single WT buck

Am in region 3. Saw two WT bucks today including a biig boy, just after legal light following around a bunch of does.

My hunting buddy and I have also filled 3 WT tags, there are LOTS around Kamloops but they are in very small tight pockets with lots of cover, they also can hear a vehicle from a mile away and will suck in cover. It’s interesting to see how they react when a vehicle drives by, only to resume what they were doing 5 minutes later.

also they tend to move parallel to the roads and not across often.

dont give up they are there.

I spent last week in region 8 looking for white tails. Was only getting flashes occasionally. Could have sworn they were few and far between. When I pulled the card from my camera I found they were moving in the dark 100 yards from my camp. They are there. Just moving when they can’t be shot and are tough to find once they get pressured.

Easiest way to find a WT area is to go for a drive in the dark, sans rifle of course.
    Lots of spots seem devoid of the ghosts until their eyes light up in the lights
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

Quote Originally Posted by boxhitch View Post
    Easiest way to find a WT area is to go for a drive in the dark, sans rifle of course.
    Lots of spots seem devoid of the ghosts until their eyes light up in the lights
    Use to be that way around here , but the local 24/7 keepers of the land with there nice LED light bars have ................................ also might need to get a permit from them with this new UNDRIP bill the NDP-Greenies are pushing through .
    "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero - 55 BC
    ..... The NDP approach: if the facts don't fit your ideology, just pretend the facts don't exist.......

A guy in our camp shot on right by empire valley ranch couple years ago, a nice 4x4. Also saw one in my favourite spot this year, that is defintly NOT typical whitey country. Steep Rocky Mountain muley stuff. They are definetly increasing in numbers and territory

Quote Originally Posted by longwalk View Post
    I spent last week in region 8 looking for white tails. Was only getting flashes occasionally. Could have sworn they were few and far between. When I pulled the card from my camera I found they were moving in the dark 100 yards from my camp. They are there. Just moving when they can’t be shot and are tough to find once they get pressured.
    Hiding in plain sight, that’s how they roll in pressured areas. They adapt to it and simply become Houdini’s

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

Try and be kind to everyone but fear no one. - Ourea

Buddy and his wife just came back from Valemount with one each.

Quote Originally Posted by MichelD View Post
    I'm 66. I've been hunting for 51 years.

I've never seen a whitetail buck.
    well it took five decades for you to shoot a small four point mule deer..........

The comment about the disability was tasteless and certainly uncalled for. And has no place on a hunting forum. All the comments have been deleted. And further comments on it will result in a time out for the poster. Now lets get this thread back on topic about white tails and consider the side discussion gone.
    JB flang is my hero.

Moose guide infamous quote.
    "when you shoot em just right their feathers go puff"

Quote Originally Posted by Pauly View Post
    Some of my good whitetail spots suck this year and others are doing great. Many factors hunting pressure and predators and previous winters. Have to do lots of leg work
    Pauly hit the nail on the head.

I’m having to work harder this yr. My money spot is a dud this yr. Im not crying about it as it is beyond my control. Just have to focus and find new opportunity. That’s hunting plain and simple. There are ebbs and flows in every area as it relates to population numbers and their huntability.

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

Try and be kind to everyone but fear no one. - Ourea