Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Baiting ungulates clarification required

Re: Baiting ungulates clarification required

Quote Originally Posted by Iltasyuko View Post
    Yep!

Sooner or later baiting ungulates will be illegal too - just give it time. We keep adding laws on top of laws, rules on top of rules and restrictions on top of restrictions, all in the guise of conservation - meanwhile the resource continues to decline despite the endless rules apparently enacted to save it.
    It was illegal in B.C. fore ever to hunt ungulates over bait but it changed not to long a go, I don't think for the good. It's not hunting.

Quote Originally Posted by ACB View Post
    It was illegal in B.C. fore ever to hunt ungulates over bait but it changed not to long a go, I don't think for the good. It's not hunting.
    When did it change? I don't ever recall reading in the "It is unlawful" section about baiting ungulates being illegal. But I guess I have only been looking at the regs for about 30 years or so....
    Last edited by Gateholio; 10-28-2019 at 09:16 PM.
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Thanks to those who answered the question. Baiting animals to hunt have been around long before quads and side by sides have been. How many of you use those and still consider it hunting? Theres a lot of people who don't consider those equipment hunting either.
    I hunt to put food on the table and I'll use every trick I legally can.
    Last edited by bruce44; 10-29-2019 at 07:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Iltasyuko View Post
    Yep!

Sooner or later baiting ungulates will be illegal too - just give it time. We keep adding laws on top of laws, rules on top of rules and restrictions on top of restrictions, all in the guise of conservation - meanwhile the resource continues to decline despite the endless rules apparently enacted to save it.
    Likely to be bundled with 'no placing feed for ungulates' as a measure against CWD spreading, if and when needed
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

Oh it's going to happen. look at the regs down south and you will see our future.
    Stay tuned!

Quote Originally Posted by bownut View Post
    Oh it's going to happen. look at the regs down south and you will see our future.
    Stay tuned!
    A lot of places banned hunting on Sunday's. That never came here. In fact a lot of states are starting to reverse old laws.

bhb
    Quote Originally Posted by BiG Boar View Post
    Are you M or F? Might get more takers with tits.

Quote Originally Posted by bownut View Post
    Stay tuned!
    Don't count on it.

Stay tuned!
    "The farther one gets into the wilderness, the greater is the attraction of its lonely freedom."

turn on , tune in, drop out
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

Personally, if I had bait out for an ungulate and a bear came along I wouldn’t shoot it. Too hard to justify to a CO that your intention was not to attract a bear and you probably wouldn’t win in court.

Quote Originally Posted by S.W.A.T. View Post
    Isn't it unlawful to feed any wildlife?
    Feeding wildlife is illegal, baiting wildlife means you are feeding them for the purpose of hunting them which is legal. The reason for this is they dont want people feeding animals and getting them accustom to humans because all those animals become problems, ungulates or predators.
    - A hunter who doesn't bring home the meat is just an outdoor enthusiast