Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Once again. slaughter in no shooting zones.

Re: Once again. slaughter in no shooting zones.

Quote Originally Posted by gcreek View Post
    I am going to speak out of turn here Mikey. Doug and several other stakeholders are basically being run out of their homes and businesses over a land claim that should never have been awarded. It will be interesting in a few years time what your thoughts about up north are. One of you Tahitian elders has already been quoted saying another area in the northwest that is now for sale at 3.5 mill will not bring over $600,000 when they decide to buy.

Be careful of your backside when it comes to the screwing we are all going to get should the bleeding heart lefties keep playing Santy Claus to the Indians.
    Davey, I’m fully aware of what’s gone on with Doug and the land title issue where his guide area is ....that said Doug and I have also discussed what’s gone on up north with the Tahltans.
    We both agree on the fact that the working agreement between GO’s and the Tahltan Nation has created the one area where it is worth owning an outfitting business.
    Others are starting to get this concept.

On the Tahltan elders comment about buying a $3.5 million outfit for 600K.... gossip runs and flows like diahrea.
    There are 2 guide outfits for sale in that region for approximately the dollars you’re talking....the Tahltans have first right of refusal if a sale agreement is drafted between willing buyer/willing seller.
    Outfitters that are members of the TGOA are the ones who granted this right to the TCG.
    Guide territories have sold while this condition has been in place....the Tahltans have not purchased them and the price was not affected.

As part of the working MOU between GO’s and the Tahltans....hunting, trapping and guide outfitting is being enshrined into their land plans.
    When/If they have title land granted that is to continue.

Dave, a lot can be done when parties can sit at a table and negotiate.
    The difference is that up north we as individuals did our own dealings and cut government out of the picture.
    The fault in the Chilcotin and I’ve said the same to Doug and others that are guide outfitter reps is that they are trusting government to do their deals.

Government doesn’t give a shit about you or me.

Quote Originally Posted by REMINGTON JIM View Post
    Mikey I have NO interest in sittiing down and chatting with the Indians - as FAR as I'm concerned MOST are BUNCH of THUG's and LAW breakers ! ESPECIALLY the Chilcotin natives ! There Racist and There Entiltleist Freeloaders ! - So you just Keep defending them -thats your Ajenda ! Mine is MUCH different ! RJ
    Have another beer RJ and you’ll make even more sense!

Been hunting for over 40 years. Have actually never run into a First Nations person that was hunting. Certainly run into a number of non native poachers over the years and reported them all . Seems to me some on here are looking for scape goats for declining wildlife populations . First , get off the roads and out of your trucks and you will find game . Secondly govt has put zero resources into wildlife for decades, while habitat , predators , industry wreak havoc on our wildlife.
    Not a fan of anyone who abuses our wildlife, however some of the comments on here are , frankly not worthy of rebuttal when it comes to racism. A number of people both First Nations and others are working together for the benefit of wildlife. Look at region six, KIB in Kamloops amongst others. Bitch and moan from inside your truck all you want, your only spinning your wheels, work with like minded people to get proper funding for wildlife ( not more studies to feed bureaucrats egos) and then differences will be made ( ie predator control/ caribou). Time to move on from race based blame on all sides

Quote Originally Posted by bearvalley View Post
    Davey, I’m fully aware of what’s gone on with Doug and the land title issue where his guide area is ....that said Doug and I have also discussed what’s gone on up north with the Tahltans.
    We both agree on the fact that the working agreement between GO’s and the Tahltan Nation has created the one area where it is worth owning an outfitting business.

On the Tahltan elders comment about buying a $3.5 million outfit for 600K.... gossip runs and flows like diahrea.
    There are 2 guide outfits for sale in that region for approximately the dollars you’re talking....the Tahltans have first right of refusal if a sale agreement is drafted between willing buyer/willing seller.
    Outfitters that are members of the TGOA are the ones who granted this right to the TCG.
    Guide territories have sold while this condition has been in place....the Tahltans have not purchased them and the price was not affected.

As part of the working MOU between GO’s and the Tahltans....hunting, trapping and guide outfitting is being enshrined into their land plans.

The difference is that up north we as individuals did our own dealings and cut government out of the picture.
    The fault in the Chilcotin and I’ve said the same to Doug and others that are guide outfitter reps is that they are trusting government to do their deals.

I will pass your comment about gossip and diarrhea on to the fellow who told me. You know him and his abilities quite well.

I will pass your comment about gossip and diarrhea on to the fellow who told me. You know him and his abilities quite well.
    You don’t need to worry....I’ll phone him myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Deaddog View Post
    Been hunting for over 40 years. Have actually never run into a First Nations person that was hunting. Certainly run into a number of non native poachers over the years and reported them all . Seems to me some on here are looking for scape goats for declining wildlife populations . First , get off the roads and out of your trucks and you will find game . Secondly govt has put zero resources into wildlife for decades, while habitat , predators , industry wreak havoc on our wildlife.
    Not a fan of anyone who abuses our wildlife, however some of the comments on here are , frankly not worthy of rebuttal when it comes to racism. A number of people both First Nations and others are working together for the benefit of wildlife. Look at region six, KIB in Kamloops amongst others. Bitch and moan from inside your truck all you want, your only spinning your wheels, work with like minded people to get proper funding for wildlife ( not more studies to feed bureaucrats egos) and then differences will be made ( ie predator control/ caribou). Time to move on from race based blame on all sides

These days Jim, you have to stay on the roads to see most of the younger natives who are still hunting.

If you have read anything I have ever posted you would know that I feel we are all responsible for the state of our wildlife populations. Many of the native people here support backing off hunting. Enough of the other kind shooting and selling dozens of moose and deer more than make up for those who want some conservation in my local area.

CH's original post has been repeated for several years. There are many Indians here in the Chilcotin that have the opinion that the whole country is theirs, posted or not. Unless those types change their collective frames of mind, we will have a situation such as in Alberta with landowners shooting back. Is it wrong to protect what is ours?

I have never been much on caring what a person's skin colour was but as long as this onesidedness carries on I might get that way.

Quote Originally Posted by bearvalley View Post

I also will compare your area situation with those who had leases for their houses to sit on. Only a matter of time before your lease fees go up. They will because they can.

I also will compare your area situation with those who had leases for their houses to sit on. Only a matter of time before your lease fees go up. They will because they can.
    I guess in what happens up north you have to look at as the price of doing business.
    With several outfitters in our organization being Tahltan members I’m thinking outfitting will last in northwestern BC for a while.
    As in the case of any short supply business...demand will dictate price and therefor added costs will factor in.
    Kind of like calves and hay Dave.

I get it Dave and also understand you personally have worked with your neighbours for years . My guess is it f it was you talking to your neighbours most things would be solved. Throw govt in the mix with the mid level bureaucrats and some of their raincoats “ conservation” friends and things go sideways . My post was more about townies who really never get out in the Bush or off the roads , trashing first nations( your neighbours) on rumour an innuendo, how many of them actually live off pavement ? I take your experiences as true and hope you can sit face to face with your neighbours and work it out. Sans gov clowns

Quote Originally Posted by Deaddog View Post
    I get it Dave and also understand you personally have worked with your neighbours for years . My guess is it f it was you talking to your neighbours most things would be solved. Throw govt in the mix with the mid level bureaucrats and some of their raincoats “ conservation” friends and things go sideways . My post was more about townies who really never get out in the Bush or off the roads , trashing first nations( your neighbours) on rumour an innuendo, how many of them actually live off pavement ? I take your experiences as true and hope you can sit face to face with your neighbours and work it out. Sans gov clowns
    Might not happen as I'm not prepared to pay anyone more money for what our elected government and bureaucracies charge me to do business. Nor will I turn my nose brown attempting to do so. I do know that all it takes is a change of Band leadership and everything changes. Negotiations here have proven that.
    Last edited by gcreek; 10-25-2019 at 10:24 PM.