Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Once again. slaughter in no shooting zones.

Once again. slaughter in no shooting zones.

Every year around this time the local FN show up daily killing mostly does inside the no shooting zones, trespassing on private land, and generally doing what ever the hell they want.

I have caught these people red handed, confronted them and sent them packing, videoed the trespassers and told the rancher.
    the rancher is scared to push the issued doesn't feel anything would ever happen to them anyways.

I have emailed our local CO's and will wait for their response.

The small group of poachers reflex badly on the rest of the band members. I am sick of this type of behaviour happening in my back yard.

I am little wound up and hope one of them get out of their trucks one of these days to throw down, it might make me feel better.

Cheers
    CH
    Last edited by chilcotin hillbilly; 10-26-2019 at 09:28 AM.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Once again. slaughter in no shooting zones.

History shows people have to die for change to happen. I wouldnt hold your breath until people are really ready to see change.
    "Our arrows will block out the sun!" "Then we shall fight in the dark!" K.L. Government is not the solution to our problem, it is the problem. R.R. “One of the great mistakes is to judge policies and programs by their intentions rather than their results.” M.F. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClJ...fYFveARiWyqjQA

Quote Originally Posted by chilcotin hillbilly View Post
    Every year around this time the local FN show up daily killing mostly does inside the no shooting zones, trespassing on private land, and generally doing what ever the hell they want.

I have caught these people red handed, confronted them and sent them packing, videoed the trespassers and told the rancher.
    the rancher is scared to push the issued doesn't feel anything would ever happen to them anyways.

Stewards of the land my ass, not only are they on their way to destroying my lively hood but show no regard for safety laws. We won't even get into the ethics of shooting of truck loads of does.

I am little wound up and hope one of them get out of their trucks one of these days to throw down, it might make me feel better.

Cheers
    CH
    You will get the same answer I did back when I reported Pit Lamping and shots fired up around Peter Hope Lak out of Merritt at mid night.
    First when I described the truck (as I had seen them during the day already before), they quickly knew something and immediately said
    "are they FN" (already knowing my answer was apparent).
    When I answered "Yes"....they said "not doing anything".

That was like 1987 or so......nothing has changed.
    Well, actually, it has....it's gotten worse!

Ironically, when the numbers hit rock bottom, we as responsible hunters will be the ones further limited or shut down.

Until both parties are on the same page( we are worlds apart) then it will only go down hill from here.

Although youd feel better having a conversation with them, they could turn it around and say you are interfering with a legal hunt. Our best bet is to observe, report and get pictures out there of the waste and reckless and swing the public's perception.

The blame lies with the policies of our government, not the first Nations. Nothing will change until that does and we all see how hard the pendulum is swinging right now. Best of luck seeing any meaningful change anytime soon.

Maybe someone needs to set up an information blockade in that area to point out the problems and highlight what needs to be addressed.
    Blockades and peaceful protest seem to be in vogue these days
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

Whonnock for 19 years, Mission for 46 years

What's troubling about some of the Indigenous indiscriminately going into an area and killing
    everything and anything which devastates the breeding stock for many years is that there's
    absolutely none of them needing the meat because of a matter of basic survival in this day and
    age. Their community leaders keep touting that they're sensitive to nature and only take from
    it what they need yet they seemingly allow a few members to wantonly wipe out entire areas in
    order to sell the meat outside of their community. They're not the only one's though...I was
    instrumental in exposing a large poaching ring that were doing the same thing east of Stave Lake.
    None were Indigenous, some were Caucasian and others were Asian. They killed does and fawns
    during the summer in order to sell the meat to stores and restaurants in Richmond.
    Although the RCMP phoned me to tell me the success and extent of their investigation, I never
    heard what the courts did about the whole affair, nor was I asked to go to court.

Quote Originally Posted by chilcotin hillbilly View Post

Stewards of the land my ass, not only are they on their way to destroying my lively hood but show no regard for safety laws. We won't even get into the ethics of shooting of truck loads of does.

Cheers
    CH

Sometimes one needs to help them out of the truck...………….

I wonder if next time anyone sees something like this they bring it up to the chiefs of that first Nations band. Get a response and go public with it. I am really interested to see what the hereditary chiefs have to say about their band members doing things like that. Probably nothing will come out of it but they have a system of government within the band and perhaps pressure on the top could change things?

Elders have already made it clear they have no control over their members
    One would think peer pressure might work but the i-dont-cares outnumber the concerns
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole