Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lac Le Jeune Wilderness Resort

Lac Le Jeune Wilderness Resort

Anyone stayed here..thinking of using it as a base for some mulie hunting around 3-19. The cabins look quite comfortable and looks like its in the middle of some prime habitat. Thanks.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Lac Le Jeune Wilderness Resort

Not hunter friendly

Also, the maps can be misleading on the area. I know because I had the same idea as you. Really only one access in through private ranch land. It's decent area, but not not as accessible as Google Maps leads one to believe. Just my .02

Read some reviews- doesn't seem like a place for hunters.
    When in doubt, just pin it.

Quote Originally Posted by JIL_24/7 View Post
    Not hunter friendly
    This was what I was thinking as well....I contacted another cabin rental owner in this area and they were NOT at all hunter friendly.

Quote Originally Posted by JIL_24/7 View Post
    Not hunter friendly
    Not hunter friendly and no decent hunting around there. Tunkwa Lake is a bit better but both places are full of hunters this time of year.

I have a place up there. No access ('ranch land') to some really prime areas. Honestly, there's a bunch of road hunters cruising up and down the FSR's. I see some game - but not nearly so much this year as last.

I'm not trying to discourage you - even though I walk out my back yard onto crown land there - but, from my 2 years of cruising around it's not easy.

For the rest of this year (later in the season- I'm too swamped with kids right now) and next, my plan is to hike a lot more. I've gotten as far as maybe a mile off the FSR's but not much more. And - it's THICK when you do get off the beaten path. Lot's of replanted areas.

I go out because it's my back yard. But, it's more about getting out than actually having much faith that there's a lot of game there.

YMMV.

Thanks all - appreciate everyone's input!

Tunkwa Lake Resort has rustic cabins and they are hunter friendly if you are set on this area. They have a shed to hang meat as well.

Question; If a place is not hunter friendly, what can they do. Once you’re booked they can’t really kick you out can they? I’m assuming that there are laws protecting you against that.