Thread: Portable battery packs

Portable battery packs

I have used a CAT portable battery pack with good success,way more convenient than jumper cables between vehicles.I always kept it charged up ,but on this last hunting trip it was inadvertently run down flat ( kids powering their stuff)and now it won’t take a charge.Took it apart and put it on a trickle charger, but I guess it’s just too far gone.Next is to try and get a replacement battery rather then chuck the whole thing.I’ll let you know...

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Portable battery packs

I have an Amazon special $125 micro battery booster that will jump start my gas 5.7 if needed.
    Fits under the seat, comes in a book sized case.
    I remove and top it up before every trip, but it tends to hold its charge for ever.
    With my young son and I hitting the bush solo, a dead truck battery could be a real pain in the a$$.

Try hooking it up to a good battery and then try and charge it.

Some times a little help will get them charging again.

A portable battery booster is cheap insurance( I’ve already used mine a bunch of times for me,or other people.Keep it in the trunk)....the definition of a nightmare is way back in the bush,it’s cold and snowing and the truck or quad won’t start.NOW WHAT?
    Last edited by ratherbefishin; 10-22-2019 at 05:01 PM.

Yes the little lithium ones that fit in your glovebox do everything the ones the size of a suitcase did 10 years ago. Can tire has them on sale for 120 all the time, cheap insurance.

Lithium for sure, I got one off of Amazon, 79$ named GOOLOO 800A
    Ranked as #1 best seller in jump starters.
    Had to jump my wifes car twice, sons car that was in storage for a year (stone dead) and always take it out on my quad as the Polaris doesn't have a great battery on the 570 and it's weak on cold days.
    It's saved my bacon a couple times now.

Hmmm because of the diesel engine I have been looking at NOCO Gb 150 4,000 amps..for up to 10 liter gas or diesel engines..never get one that might be big enough to work.
    Canadian tire had them on sale for 21 % off..so went in...missed it by one day. .groan..
    will check with store manager..will he honor.the sale..it was my mistake I missed it..or when they will come on sale again.pretty much beast of a machine..but recently have had battery issues.
    Srupp

Just bought one of the small lithium jumpers because of your post. Thanks! I had one of those old school brief case ones that took up way too much space in my already small truck bed.
    Last edited by Aaron600; 10-25-2019 at 08:09 PM.