Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Where’s everyone’s Mule Deer Pictures ?

Where’s everyone’s Mule Deer Pictures ?

Still have not got out yet sooooo maybe you fellas could show us your Mule Deer success
    Stories very welcome !
    Arctic Lake
    Member of CCFR Would encourage you all to join today !
    Read Teddy Roosevelt “ The Man In The Arena “ !

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Where’s everyone’s Mule Derr Pictures ?

Mule deer populations have declined substantially in region 8-09, from what I have seen. I have not hunted them for many years.

Not sure if I can still be considered a "new" hunter after 4 or so years of trying but We've been out at least 15 days this year without success. I think we're doing it wrong. Did see a fork in region 3 but it was not legal yet. Hope others have had better success. Seen lots of does.

Mule deer pops are down approx 70% in many areas of reg 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Arctic Lake View Post
    Still have not got out yet sooooo maybe you fellas could show us your Mule Deer success
    Stories very welcome !
    Arctic Lake

have passed on numerous 3s and small 4s, will take quite the bread basket on ones head for me to fill another mule tag, for same reason mentioned. Declining populations and white tail taking over everywhere, much rather get my meat from a wt doe and a wt buck but I’m lucky enough to know where there are numerous pockets.

would LOVE to see some successful hunts though so I can also live vicariously through everyone else ^^

You old farts need to join Instagram. Many hunters dont bother posting pics here anymore because it's a royal pain in the ass to do off mobile, and mobile is what everyone has switched to nowdays for web surfing and picture taking.

There are plenty of fine, mature deer that have hit the dirt already, and we arent even in November yet.

I have more mature 160"+ deer on my trail cams than any year before.

Sure, the wolves have had their share in certain parts of the province, but there are many areas still that are not impacted by wolves.

I'm not sure where these percentages that you quote are coming from, but I would take them with a grain of salt.

Sorry fellas I wasn’t even into the drink last night . Should have read Deer in the thread starter LoL Maybe the mods could fix it ?
    Arctic Lake
    Member of CCFR Would encourage you all to join today !
    Read Teddy Roosevelt “ The Man In The Arena “ !

Quote Originally Posted by twoSevenO View Post
    You old farts need to join Instagram. Many hunters dont bother posting pics here anymore because it's a royal pain in the ass to do off mobile, and mobile is what everyone has switched to nowdays for web surfing and picture taking.

There are plenty of fine, mature deer that have hit the dirt already, and we arent even in November yet.

I have more mature 160"+ deer on my trail cams than any year before.

Sure, the wolves have had their share in certain parts of the province, but there are many areas still that are not impacted by wolves.

I'm not sure where these percentages that you quote are coming from, but I would take them with a grain of salt.

That’s pretty impressive. Been hunting reg 3 for 5 years and haven’t even seen a buck close to 160, either by eyes or trail cams. Maybe 120-130” at best?

Quote Originally Posted by Arctic Lake View Post
    Sorry fellas I wasn’t even into the drink last night . Should have read Deer in the thread starter LoL Maybe the mods could fix it ?
    Arctic Lake
    Yes. You also should have spelled it Mulw Derr.
    https://oceola.ca/
    http://bcwf.net/index.php
    http://www.wildsheepsociety.net/

I Give my Heart to my Family....
    My Mind to my Work.......
    But My Soul Belongs to the Mountains.....