Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Kamloops bc whitetail sightings

Re: Kamloops bc whitetail sightings

Quote Originally Posted by Muliechaser View Post
    Most of them just drive around and say there is no game left anyways . But i agree the internet and peoples mouths have ruined some really goo spots that had to be found the old school way . Its as easy as some key words and pressing go now adays . Some areas are still off the map tho and im sure lots will stay that way. Ive learned to keep my mouth shut even to close "friends" .
    I took my 72 year old father out this morning to try and fill his last whitetail tag. He filled it all the while as we sat 400 yards of the main road and listened to all the hunters drive by. I could list a thousand areas around Kamloops for whitetail.. not spots. Nobody walks anywhere any more. In fact I haven’t bumped into a single hunter this year in the woods and I rarely see parked rigs anymore. Which is great.

Re: Kamloops bc whitetail sightings

Hey guys,

I know this is out of the blue, but I was reading this forus and wondering if anyone had any tips. I'm pretty new to hunting and have never hunted whitetail before. I'm headed up to my parents cabin with a friend for almost a week where I've found some nice sized whitetail sheds but have yet to see one. There are parts where the forest is pretty open and has some grass clearings, there is a natural spring on one side, some dense forest, and a swamp area. Have seen lots of mule deer just walking around the forrest and lots of deer sign but no whitetail.

How would you go abouts hunting them? Where should I start? Should I try still hunting? Sitting in a clearing with sign and waiting? Any calling or rattling? Is the rut in full effect already?

There have also been cow moose on the property and would love to shoot a spike if you had any pointers for that too but from what I hear it's pretty rare. Or any tips on getting a 4 point muley would also be appreciated. Hoping to fill the freezer this year.

Cheers,

Aiden