Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Kamloops bc whitetail sightings

Re: Kamloops bc whitetail sightings

Quote Originally Posted by Wild one View Post
    I agree and disagree and not picking at you personally

They will live in any habitat but there is definitely preferred habitat and habitat they flourish in well beyond others. The Mule deer is pretty adaptable as well but they also have a preference. What many seem to miss when it comes to these species they have habitat that they are truly adapted to but if there is a lack of competition in fringe habitat they will use it as well. Example MD dominated BC for many years because there was no competition in the fridge habitat. My opinion one of the reasons we are seeing WT in fringe habitat in B.C. is a decline in MD populations providing less competition as well

Every season we see posts from hunters who can’t find WT and often it’s they are looking in poor WT habitat. Yes like many other hunters I have seen them in crazy areas to but this does not mean they inhabit these areas in good numbers

Harry I know you have no issue finding your WT and you have some good WT populations in your area. But for those hunting WT in a good portion of B.C. with lower density populations WT are often in the prime WT habitat and almost non existent in the fridge habitat

Some of this post lead into extra rambling but in simple terms if B.C. hunters want to find WY focus on WT habitat because yes they can adapt to a range of habitat but they still have preferred habitat. With a lot of B.C. WT populations being relatively new they are more focused on preferred habitat
    I agree my friend they definitely have preferred habitats and preferred micro habitats even, I was just saying generally that they adapt to many habitats...an example: the Couese (I think that's how it is spelled?) WT in Arizona - check out the meat eater episode, its pretty cool...

Coues whitetail....a lot of fun to bowhunt them in January in Arizona!

just what we need, more driven interest in the Hunted out Kamloops area for the LML guys to try and come reduce our numbers even more...big bucks at spences bridge these days just fyi...200" mulies all over the place in November
    WSSBC Monarch
    WSF Life Member
    2% Certified
    RMGA Member
    CCFR Member

I shoot a white tail easier in reg 7a then 3,

BUT, like walks with deer says. Small pockets, and they will exist under your nose in 100s without ever seeing them!

I’ve found a small pocket that keeps my freezer happy every year since I found it. I just head out for a day trip in mid to late November and shoot one.

I think lots of guys try and hunt to much land and over look the best areas. Find a pocket and learn it. And become regularly successful.

Amazing little animals.

Quote Originally Posted by Pauly View Post
    A buddy of mine spotted a good herd of whitetail around mount lolo today. All does and fawns. I’ve never hunted out that way but apparently it’s known to produce some good bucks,
    Hey Pauly, How about keeping your mouth shut. Not sure if you joined up here just to troll every Kamloops local or if you are just an idiot. Keep you spots and sightings to your self and your group. If I was your buddy and told you I saw a WT then found out you are telling EVERYONE I would be pissed. Common sense man.....
    Plus Lolo is indian land now. The Gov gave it to the band so sending 1000 guys there is a real dick move.

Quote Originally Posted by Darksith View Post
    just what we need, more driven interest in the Hunted out Kamloops area for the LML guys to try and come reduce our numbers even more...big bucks at spences bridge these days just fyi...200" mulies all over the place in November
    Hunter numbers are down 2.2 million in the last 10 years in the states. I’m sure it’s no better in Canada. All that lost revenue in licensing is lost habitat funding. In bc our lakes are stocked only because of license sales. I’ve lived and trapped and hunted and fished in Kamloops all my life theirs plenty of game to be had . If you want to leave your truck that is. Most don’t now a days. We need hunter recruiting or our resource will be in trouble. We’re all Canadian you bitch about lower mainland hunters! How do you think the Fort St. John locals feel about us going up and shooting all their moose deer and elk?? Sounds hypocritical to me. Out of town brings $$ to our economy it’s all good😃

Quote Originally Posted by lovemywinchester View Post
    Hey Pauly, How about keeping your mouth shut. Not sure if you joined up here just to troll every Kamloops local or if you are just an idiot. Keep you spots and sightings to your self and your group. If I was your buddy and told you I saw a WT then found out you are telling EVERYONE I would be pissed. Common sense man.....
    Plus Lolo is indian land now. The Gov gave it to the band so sending 1000 guys there is a real dick move.
    Thank god for free speech. I’m no troll just an advocate for all hunters. I was unaware about lolo being reserve now. I never get out that way. My buddies don’t care lol we’re all tagged out anyway. I believe in helping other hunters to be successful kinda my duty. I’m older now and I feel it’s important to pass on the torch to the younger crowd.. it’s important believe me hunting is a wonderful sport we all need to be less selfish and start mentoring and being helpful especially with the way the world is going now. But what the hell do I know

Quote Originally Posted by Pauly View Post
    Thank god for free speech. I’m no troll just an advocate for all hunters. I was unaware about lolo being reserve now. I never get out that way. My buddies don’t care lol we’re all tagged out anyway. I believe in helping other hunters to be successful kinda my duty. I’m older now and I feel it’s important to pass on the torch to the younger crowd.. it’s important believe me hunting is a wonderful sport we all need to be less selfish and start mentoring and being helpful especially with the way the world is going now. But what the hell do I know

don’t sweat it. He’s just tender that you gave out where he hunts. Think I might go stomp around there tomorrow afternoon and see what I can drum up! Will post the gps coordinates of the whitetail if I find them ^^

I'm just really surprised our good friend Jelvis hasn't had anything to add to this thread! Where did he go? Does anyone know?

Quote Originally Posted by lovemywinchester View Post
    Most of them just drive around and say there is no game left anyways . But i agree the internet and peoples mouths have ruined some really goo spots that had to be found the old school way . Its as easy as some key words and pressing go now adays . Some areas are still off the map tho and im sure lots will stay that way. Ive learned to keep my mouth shut even to close "friends" .
    "My biggest fear is that when I die, my wife sells all my hunting gear for what I told her I paid for it"

"Take your boy hunting, and you won't have to hunt for your boy".

"Ethical behavior is doing the right thing when no one else is watching- even when doing the wrong thing is legal.”