Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Grizzlies in Reg 8-1

Cool Grizzlies in Reg 8-1

Just curious if anyone has spotted grizzlies east of Oliver in 8-1. Pretty sure this was a black bear track, but still sends some shivers up your spine to come back down the trail and find this was following you!
    Last edited by Deer_Slayer; 10-26-2019 at 06:51 PM.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Grizzlies in Reg 8-1

Not eastside but westside up the very top of Spanish peak. In 1992 we spotted a large silvertip while deer hunting coming in from behind Taylor Lake. Never seen again since that one spotting but we stopped hunting that area more than a decade ago.
    Laws are made by man, Money can change it

Quote Originally Posted by 4pointer View Post
    Not eastside but westside up the very top of Spanish peak. In 1992 we spotted a large silvertip while deer hunting coming in from behind Taylor Lake. Never seen again since that one spotting but we stopped hunting that area more than a decade ago.
    There are stories of a woman being mauled while atop her horse by a grizzly in that area back in the 60s-70s if i recall correctly . With its close proximation to the cathedrals i wouldnt doubt it . There are known sightings olalla creek aswell .
    "My biggest fear is that when I die, my wife sells all my hunting gear for what I told her I paid for it"

"Take your boy hunting, and you won't have to hunt for your boy".

"Ethical behavior is doing the right thing when no one else is watching- even when doing the wrong thing is legal.”

Government says there isnt any....cant swin across the fraser is what I read the other day. They are considering reinterducing them back.....but if one believes what these greenie writers say, one may part of them too.

Quote Originally Posted by wrenchhead View Post
    Government says there isnt any....cant swin across the fraser is what I read the other day. They are considering reinterducing them back.....but if one believes what these greenie writers say, one may part of them too.
    Their right; grizzlies can’t swim, they only make a few bounds and they’re across. Amazing, powerful animals they are.
    If you can pack it in, You can pack it out !!!

UNITED WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL !!!

BCWF
    WSSBC
    CCFR
    " The secret of change is to focus all your energy, not on fighting the old, but building on the new"
    Socrates.

confirmed sightings by me, in the last three years in 3-13, 3-17 3-12 and the zone 8 wmu that borders 3-13.

they much be launching babies across the Fraser as they birth them then...

No there are some about 1.5 hours east but in the oliver area there are no recent sightings that I know of.

heard of them at the kids bus stop in naramata

The entire Okanagan valley is historic grizzly country. Apparently "Kelowna" is FN for "bear bait".

I've seen them up in Joe Riche area and Christian Valley and heard rumours of the occasional sighting in Kelowna orchard country. Grizzlies can cover a lot of geography.

8-1 isn't anywhere close to the Fraser so how the hell does that make sense. Have personally seen them are Keremeos (sorry if spelled wrong) Big White area and Enderby. I have asked this question here many times and no one has ever given a response. WHAT DO YOU CALL BEAR COUNTRY?. To me bear country is anything out side of my house, with the exception of koala or polar I would be prepared to see a bear.