Thread: I Hunter layers

I Hunter layers

Have been using the I hunter app this season. Just noticed today that some land that we thought was posted shows as Crown land on the app. The land in question is fenced but no gates.
    Question: Can a rancher restrict access if he leases the land from the crown?
    The app shows private land and crown land.
    Whats the best way to validate this?

2. Site Sponsor

Re: I Hunter layers

You should double check that the app is correct with another map, or reliable source. As I understand it, if the field is cultivated, the leasee can restrict access. The leasee may have a lease, or it may just be a grazing permit. If it is just a grazing permit, I believe you are allowed to hunt it, but the best thing to do is give your local CO a call and ask.

Re: I Hunter layers

It used to be the ministry of Forests and Range that handled grazing permits and that the rules are followed but they've been swallowed up in this newer mega ministry -

https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/g...al-development

So if you can track down the cattle range branch of the ministry of FLNRO above they'd be the ones to talk to. A call to the nearest FLNRO office should get you on the right track. btw just got iHunter myself haven't played with all the layers etc yet but I like it so far.
    its gonna take a life time to hunt and fish all this