Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ewe Sheep Hunt

Re: Ewe Sheep Hunt

Quote Originally Posted by twoSevenO View Post
    What, exactly, about my comment was immature? Most people do not mount animals unless it's something special. The only thing special about a ewe is that the tags are hard to draw.
    And it's most likely NOT going to be a challenging hunt. I've actually never heard of anyone not filling out their kamloops sheep LEH draw.

How do you know it’s not something special? Are you going on the hunt with him? How do you know it’s not going to b

And i guess i didn't know you were the one who dictated which comments are immature and which ones are mature .....

How do you know it’s not something special? Are you going on the hunt with him? How do you know it’s not going to be a challenge? In fact how many hunts don’t have some type of challenge?!

sorry you don’t like being called on your narcissistic comment.

Meat care from kill to wrapping generally determines flavour in my experience. Sheep are beautiful if I had the economy I would have multiple ewes life sized in my house
    "Our arrows will block out the sun!" "Then we shall fight in the dark!" K.L. Government is not the solution to our problem, it is the problem. R.R. “One of the great mistakes is to judge policies and programs by their intentions rather than their results.” M.F. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClJ...fYFveARiWyqjQA

I was taught to take care of your harvest, respect your animal by killing it quickly and cleanly. This was not my first rodeo
    This animal was standing, harvested with a single lung shot from a 7-08 @ 200yds with a 140gr accubond bullet - not shot up with a cannon causing bloodshot or meat loss.
    Taken close to road, moved with a meat cart, cleaned immediately, transported for 3hrs (in November), skinned immediately once home and washed in and out sponged down with not a hair on it (other than required amount) and in the cooler at butcher all within 8hrs total.
    Wasn't dragged through the dirt covered in crap like many are at the butcher.
    Feed is big in determining meat flavour, from my experience. Kind of why cattle go into a feedlot for 3 weeks or so before going under the knife - flavour the meat with some grain to produce tender marbled meat.

The OP wanted to hear from previous draw holders - i did the exact same hunt and i had meat that was not what i was expecting - that was my experience. I've had dall sheep backstraps which was incredible and my ewe was not like that at all.
    Watch out for the small rams and go get your animal.

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricDyck View Post
    Meat care from kill to wrapping generally determines flavour in my experience. Sheep are beautiful if I had the economy I would have multiple ewes life sized in my house