Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ewe Sheep Hunt

Re: Ewe Sheep Hunt

I'd sell the cape. A ewe isnt much of a trophy to be proud of and if you can get yourself 300-400 bucks for it, that covers a lot of gas for other hunts

My advice is to become familiar with the differences between a ewe and a yearling ram.

Looking for a "Big" dry ewe could become a sad mistake if one isn't positive that animal doesn't have balls.

Quote Originally Posted by twoSevenO View Post
    I'd sell the cape. A ewe isnt much of a trophy to be proud of and if you can get yourself 300-400 bucks for it, that covers a lot of gas for other hunts

why can’t someone be proud of a successful/legal hunt for a ewe????
    comments like this are what is ruining this site, even if its a smart ass comment.

Quote Originally Posted by twoSevenO View Post

Wow! I didn’t know you were the one who dictated what one considers a trophy! I expected a comment like this from some of the keyboard warriors on Facebook, but thought we were a little bit more mature here.

last light you have been given a some great advise on what is going to be a challenging hunt. I wish you success and growth as a hunter in this hunt. Hope you have some stories to share when you get back!

Thanks tyreguy for sharing details of your sheep hunt in the area. Too bad the meat quality wasn't as good as what you were expecting. I was really looking forward to some tasty meat, that's why I put in for this draw in the first place.

Thanks also to you and Walking Buffalo for the advice on making sure to properly id. the ewe. Believe you me, the last thing I want to do is shoot a banana ram by mistake. I will definitely take the time to ensure the correct sex is taken. Thanks for the tip/reminder.

100MileGord, thanks for the advice on keeping the hide to sell. I was actually thinking of keeping it and getting it tanned because of it's unique look.

warnniklz, this will be my first ever sheep hunt. I was thinkin' if I get one, I'd like to do a euro, and also get the hide tanned.

twoSevenO; Although it would be nice to make some gas money from the sale of the cape, that's not my intended purpose. The harvesting of game meat is my trophy. The horns and hide I would like to keep as memories from the hunt.

Thanks j270wsm for saying that people should be proud of any successful harvest. As long as it legal, I agree, be thankful for the opportunity.

Thank you ncurrie for your kind words and for wishing me to have success. I hope so too

Quote Originally Posted by ncurrie View Post
    Wow! I didn’t know you were the one who dictated what one considers a trophy! I expected a comment like this from some of the keyboard warriors on Facebook, but thought we were a little bit more mature here.

last light you have been given a some great advise on what is going to be a challenging hunt. I wish you success and growth as a hunter in this hunt. Hope you have some stories to share when you get back!
    What, exactly, about my comment was immature? Most people do not mount animals unless it's something special. The only thing special about a ewe is that the tags are hard to draw.
    And it's most likely NOT going to be a challenging hunt. I've actually never heard of anyone not filling out their kamloops sheep LEH draw.

Wow! I didn’t know you were the one who dictated what one considers a trophy
    And i guess i didn't know you were the one who dictated which comments are immature and which ones are mature .....

Why bother hunting them if they don't taste good? Just my negative view on this.

I'm reading some of this as "Hunting for Cash". I guess it's all how you look at it.

first I have ever heard of a ewe tasting bad....is this an experience other sheep hunters have found ?...

Hmm you put in and won a tag.make use of it.go.as has been pointed out ensure its a ewe.
    harvest it do whatever you want with the cape..oportunity to practice skinning in the field.chance to practice turning the ears..splitting the lips, nose..etc.take care of the meat. Try it yourself...not impressed. .turn it into spicy italian sausage.jerky..
    Its a trophy when you put your eyes, legs, brain up against a worthy opponent. .and harvest one.
    good luck..straight shooting..
    Srupp