I'm super excited to go on my first ever sheep hunt! Draw is for Kamloops Lake 3-29 Zone A. Ever since I found out that I received this draw, I've been pouring over information online, and also have watched a pile of videos pertaining to the Kamloops Lake sheep, but none of them are very specific to what zone they are from. A lot of the information and old threads that I've researched seem to be dated as well.

Looking at the map in the LEH synopsis leaves a lot to be desired. Does anyone know where I could find a decent map of the area. My main concern is that I want to know with 100% certainty to be hunting in an area where I will not be trespassing on private property. Secondly, I might want to find a place to camp nearby as well. Depends, I might just stay in a hotel for a couple days. The thing is that I've heard so many things from so many different people about this area that I'm not sure what to expect. Some people have told me that this could be a two hour hunt or a weekend hunt, basically telling me that it should be relatively "easy".

Having said all that, I would like to be as informed as I possibly can, by people that have first hand knowledge hunting this area, or perhaps from someone who has previously drawn this tag. This could be a once in a lifetime draw opportunity, and I would really like to capitalize on it, as well as have some nice mutton to eat.

Also, I can't help but notice how close some people seem to be getting while they are videoing and photographing these magnificent animals. Got me thinking that perhaps I could do this hunt with a crossbow. I think that I'll probably bring both, crossbow and rifle just to be safe. Once again, I just don't know what to expect hunting for these sheep. Any insight is greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance for any and all info!