Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: First Lite vs Sitka vs Arcteryx

Re: First Lite vs Sitka vs Arcteryx

I just went through the whole rigamarole with Arc’teryx. Five year old jacket that was well cared for. It delaminated around the neck and seam on the hem and cuffs fell apart. They said their ‘lifetime’ expectancy on a $700 jacket was 5-6 years!!! They offered me a 50% discount on a new Jacket. I wouldn’t recommend them based on their false warrantee advertising. I guy I know who was a senior designer for them said they are flooded with warrantee issues and are taking a hard line to avoid the costs.

Acknowledging that not every application needs to consider sound, but why would I spend that kind of money on the Arcteryx and be limited to only applications where sound isn't a factor? If you're going to drop some cake on gear, I'd be going for the extra versatility offered by the hunting brands' lineup of quieter gear...

Quote Originally Posted by Treed View Post
    I just went through the whole rigamarole with Arc’teryx. Five year old jacket that was well cared for. It delaminated around the neck and seam on the hem and cuffs fell apart. They said their ‘lifetime’ expectancy on a $700 jacket was 5-6 years!!! They offered me a 50% discount on a new Jacket. I wouldn’t recommend them based on their false warrantee advertising. I guy I know who was a senior designer for them said they are flooded with warrantee issues and are taking a hard line to avoid the costs.
    The sad truth is that arcteryx has become more of a fashion statement amongst rich Asian kids nowdays than a brand for the hardcore outdoorsman.

It doesnt surprise me that they had issues having moved production to china .... and having changed their approach.

Explains why some had great service and why some got shafted by their warranty department.

Quote Originally Posted by Looking_4_Jerky View Post
    Acknowledging that not every application needs to consider sound, but why would I spend that kind of money on the Arcteryx and be limited to only applications where sound isn't a factor? If you're going to drop some cake on gear, I'd be going for the extra versatility offered by the hunting brands' lineup of quieter gear...
    Yes, but you have to remember some of us bought arcteryx jackets before sitka, kuiu and first lite even existed!

There really were no good options for a high end, waterproof hunting jacket 10+ years ago.

So I had a totally different experience with them but also had an insider tip before I bought my first jacket. I sold Arc Teryx some equipment years ago and the head of R&D team told me to get the Cansdian made stuff because there really wouldn't be any questions asked regarding the warranty. I bought an Alpha SV (their highest end jacket at the time). Fast forward about 8 years and the goretex above the neck label/coat hook hanger thing is delaminating in about a 1"x3" area. Wait two weeks and get an email saying to pick out a brand new jacket.
    I think part of the deal is the workmanship on the Canadian made stuff is less likely to fail and if it looks like it's Gore's problem they just replace rather than repair. Sorry to hear your experience sucked, I've had the opposite experience.

Also at the outlet right now they have about 10 pairs of the LEAF alpha bib in multicam for $400 ( I think normally $750). Canadian made and it's a quite softer goretex without the heavy felted backer on the Zeta line.

You can't really even compare the quality of Arcteryx to the other guys. I use Sitka rain gear for hunting and it's been good for the last few years. That being said I've never actually had the Arcteryx Leaf in my hands but their ski gear is as good as it gets. Pricey but top shelf. Good luck.
    "Gun control"...... is hitting what you aim at!!!!

My jacket is made in canada, as all arcteryx jackets were in 2005 ..... didnt matter. Still refused to replace/fix despite acknowledgment that the jacket was not abused or worn out.

I solved my dilemma. It turns out the founder of First Lite is one of my room mates from the last time I lived in Rossland. I hadn’t talked to him in more than 10 years, but often wondered what he was up to. Now I know. Pro pricing on FL, and supporting an old friends business is a win win!
    If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat?

BHA, BCWF, CCFR, PETA, Lever Action Addict.

Cripes, that is a win. Good for you!
    Is Justin Competent, or just incompetent?

Nice...can you order me some stuff hahaha