Thread: Annual thanksgiving road hunt (grouse)

Annual thanksgiving road hunt (grouse)

I put together a little video of our annual Thanksgiving birdie road hunt... mostly happy with it... if anyone wonders about the sound (cut-off shotgun blasts) it's because I wanted to edit out the engine running and music playing. We had a lot of fun... a blast even

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9LGmlHCN8s

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Annual thanksgiving road hunt (grouse)

Nice feed of chickens there caddisguy Interesting you found a few in the rain I don't seem to have much luck on wet days. Not that that's saying much. lol

Check your pm inbox I believe its full.....
    its gonna take a life time to hunt and fish all this

Re: Annual thanksgiving road hunt (grouse)

Quote Originally Posted by Salty View Post
    Nice feed of chickens there caddisguy Interesting you found a few in the rain I don't seem to have much luck on wet days. Not that that's saying much. lol

Check your pm inbox I believe its full.....
    Weird. It was darn close at 198 but I deleted a few more. Try me again!

I didn't have much luck in the rain in the particular area last year, but this year seemed a lot different. Time of day was different depending on which road. Not sure if you got my PM about that. Seems like a good bird year there this year though.

Closer to your neck of the woods rain never really seemed to make a difference for me. I am not seeing as many birds out that way this year though... except the ones that I find wandering around my camp in the morning and the ones that hang out around my blind for hours when I don't have a shotgun LOL. I did bag one on my way home a couple weeks back.

I really need to get better with that shotgun though and part of that means fixing the front sight. Right now I just have a broken piece of fiber optic tape on there. I seriously miss half the birds I shoot at between 10 and 30 yards.

I'll post it up in a bloopers video some day along with a bunch of other mishaps, but that first bird I shot in the video... umm.... that was my 4th shot at it. Even looked like it was eating the #6 shot pellets bouncing all around it. Grouse is like "oh the pebble spreader guy! I remember him from last year. cool!". The commentary in the video was kinda funny too.

caddisguy: *BANG*
    caddisgirl: Nope
    caddisguy: *BANG* ... *walks back to jeep*
    caddisgirl: He's still alive! He's walking around eating pebbles!!
    caddisguy: I know! I ran out of "bullets" *sound of shuffling through shells* ... *walks back out* ... *BANG*
    caddisgirl: mmm nope!
    caddisguy: *BANG* ... *grouse starts flopping around*
    caddisgirl: YEEEAAHH! GREAT JOB!!

(a big part of her work life is positive re-enforcement with challenging behaviors, so darn right I always get a trophy)
    Last edited by caddisguy; 10-19-2019 at 10:14 PM.