Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Solo Hunting: How did you get started?

Re: Solo Hunting: How did you get started?

never used to even consider hunting alone..it just seemed like something that had been drummed into me so I didn't even think it was a reasonable thing to do...recent years has my main hunting partner working too much so no big trip this year...after going semi solo a couple of times (wife and daughter stayed in a hotel while I went out to the woods) I realized that I have always preferred to be alone when in the woods so why not extend that to hunting...if you get uncomfortable being alone it might not be for you but I am now all in for solo if I have any trouble finding a partner

I put the rifle on my shoulder and hiked up the hill.

Hunting trips solo I wanted to go and no one was around so I went that simple

Hunting during the day solo is the way I was taught for certain styles of hunting. Hard enough to be stealthy solo and each person you add doubles the noise and stick. Because of the a lot of my hunting has been share a camp, hunt solo during the day, but when help is needed with an animal everyone pitches in.

But we will also hunt together at times long range spot&stalk where 1 stalks well the other keeps an eye on the animal and signals the stalker, running a plan for a push, or sometimes calling with a partner on point. If there is a plan that working as a team will increase our odds we use it but not for company

This is big game hunting and most cases solo is best and comradely is for camp. Small game and waterfowl is another story and great hunts to enjoy with friends and family