Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Solo Hunting: How did you get started?

Re: Solo Hunting: How did you get started?

9 out of 10 women agree with Thick. Can you elaborate?
    We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed,

Collectivism is Slavery

Support a Woman's right to arm herself.

Jan 13th
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yj9Pm8-tFuU

Only touchy part of solo hunting for me is alone in a tent through the night. Everything else is cake. I don’t care how tough you are it’s spooky and lonely in the wild alone through the night
    PAPERS! Show me YOUR PAPERS!!

I don't think crotch is the stealthiest scent for deer hunting. (Surrey Boy)

so are you gonna stop spreading it on your nuts for your dog to lick off? (monasheemountainman)

You weren't there and you didn't get a moose hoof to the balls. (300rum700)

I’d never go if I waited for others, I’m a sucker for adventure and like alone time. Heck I’m packing my truck right now for my last elk/moose solo adventure of the year before focusing on mule deer. Get out and enjoy, pick up a inreach it helps ease the mind.

I didn’t have anyone else to go with and I like being alone. These days the idea of hunting with someone else would be weird. If I needed to start compromising on strategies rather than doing my own thing. Actually it would probably make me a better hunter now that I think of it.

I didn’t have anyone who could take me out regularly when I started hunting. If I wanted to get out, then I had to do it on my own. As someone who really appreciates my alone time that’s okay, but I think it took me a lot longer to figure things out in my own. Now I’ve gotten married, made more friends with folks who hunt, and regularly have others asking me to take them out. I don’t get out alone as often, and I miss it. As others have mentioned, sharing camp, but splitting up for the day strikes a good balance for me.

My wife is happy that I am good at doing it alone...

Quote Originally Posted by RugDoctor View Post
    Only touchy part of solo hunting for me is alone in a tent through the night. Everything else is cake. I don’t care how tough you are it’s spooky and lonely in the wild alone through the night
    The Germans used to have a pill of cyanide that you could conveniently place between your teeth. If intended, you could simply place that pill between your molars, and peacefully "crunch". Here that crack in the trees.....don't wait for the enviable......just say "**** you world" and clamp down......nothing else but https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9Dg-g7t2l4
    We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed,

Collectivism is Slavery

Jan 13th

I enjoy hunting with others but

- get to move at your own pace
    - multiple people can't kill the same animal
    - less presence
    - don't have to listen to complaints
    * too cold
    * too hot
    * too windy
    * too rainy
    * too foggy
    * too far
    * wife says I have to be home by ____
    * I gotta work
    * I don't wanna go there
    * I wanna go home
    - the enjoyment of being independent in the woods
    - knowing that you were successful based on your knowledge (even if someone gave it to you, all the decisions and effort were made by you)
    - ability to adapt without worrying about buddy

Buy it sure is nice to have someone help you pack a critter

Whonnock for 19 years, Mission for 46 years

Quote Originally Posted by 180grainer View Post
    The Germans used to have a pill of cyanide that you could conveniently place between your teeth. If intended, you could simply place that pill between your molars, and peacefully "crunch". Here that crack in the trees.....don't wait for the enviable......just say "**** you world" and clamp down......nothing else but https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9Dg-g7t2l4
    A lot of people are very nervous or afraid of being alone in a tent while in the outdoors.
    I've been very fortunate that it doesn't worry or bother me, probably because I'm blessed
    with being able to fall asleep as soon as my head hits the pillow so to speak. I can see how
    the night noises and the fear of the unknown could manifest to the point of panic if a person
    lay awake for a long time while all alone though. A buddy that bicycled down the Alaskan Hwy
    with me was one such fellow even though we shared a small tent. He wore big ear plugs and
    a black mask over his eyes (the type which people use while traveling in big jets).

Well we're on the topic of death.....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8b7n..._p9VMp1m5jJNNI

Collectivism is Slavery

Jan 13th