Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How would you react?

Re: How would you react?

Thanks for all the advice guys!
    I went back this evening and hiked in about four kilometers... without any results
    Came back to the truck, took a short detour and my first deer ever was
    shot 50 yards from the truck!! I am over the moon!!

Awesome end to a crappy thread! Let’s see some pics!
    If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat?

BHA, BCWF, CCFR, PETA, Lever Action Addict.

Good for you bud, good story you deserve it! Pics!!!!

Congrats Jan!
    ~
    Adult Onset Hunter
    CCFR Member

Wherever there is Animal Worship there is Human Sacrifice. That is, both symbolically and literally, a real truth of historical experience.
    — G. K. Chesterton

Quote Originally Posted by boxhitch View Post
    Deer have a home territory, a few gunshots will likely alert them but I doubt they left the country
    30 shots could just be an asshat sighting a couple rifles at a poor time and location. Next time don't walk away from him, let him make the move away.
    I like boxhitch's summation. To a deer, noise is noise, the same goes for other ungulates.
    I know of a few instances where guys have been cutting firewood and moose have walked in.
    I know of an instance when a guy was snoring away in his car and a bull elk walked up and licked the window. He would have slept right through it if his little dog hadn't started barking and woke him up. Of course he made the move to grab his rifle and the elk, seeing the movement, hastily departed.
    Seeing as how it's only 20 minutes away, keep going back. The other dude, if he is the one trying to move you along can't be there all the time, and if he is coming back means he hasn't scored yet so your buck is still at large.
    I seem to be late on the trophy, but bear it in mind.
    ".....It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Trudeau government than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their prime minister......​"

Quote Originally Posted by Jagermeister View Post
    I like boxhitch's summation. To a deer, noise is noise, the same goes for other ungulates.
    I know of a few instances where guys have been cutting firewood and moose have walked in.
    I know of an instance when a guy was snoring away in his car and a bull elk walked up and licked the window. He would have slept right through it if his little dog hadn't started barking and woke him up. Of course he made the move to grab his rifle and the elk, seeing the movement, hastily departed.
    Seeing as how it's only 20 minutes away, keep going back. The other dude, if he is the one trying to move you along can't be there all the time, and if he is coming back means he hasn't scored yet so your buck is still at large.
    I agree

i have been sitting watching deer and loud close gunshots ring out. They look up for a few seconds, then right back to feeding. If they don’t know something is close, there’s a good chance they ain’t going anywhere

Congrats on your first deer

it just wasn't your day

Quote Originally Posted by jan.wi97 View Post
    Thanks for all the advice guys!
    I went back this evening and hiked in about four kilometers... without any results
    Came back to the truck, took a short detour and my first deer ever was
    shot 50 yards from the truck!! I am over the moon!!
    Way to Go! You stuck with it, ignored the pin head and hammered your buck. Well done sir!
    Hunt, Enjoy, Repeat

Congrats on getting your first deer, great that it came together for you
    Finland is a neutral country - but the guns point to the east.