Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Meat Grinders

Meat Grinders

So, my little 1/4 HP has given up the ghost.... I'm pretty close to pulling the trigger on a Cabela's Carnivore 1hp with foot pedal.. What is everyone else using??

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Meat Grinders

id avoid the lem ones... got a 3/4 hp and i hate it, doesnt feed, clogs..... i miss my big old hobart 220V
    half the people in this world are below average intelligence

Got myself one of these two years ago. Works like a charm, haven't had any issues with it beyond lending it to someone and they didn't clean it properly and the plates rusted, but aftermarket plates are available.

I don't know what or how much you process, but I've done numerous deer and bears, working alone, I cannot keep up with this grinder.

https://www.amazon.ca/STX-INTERNATIO...1355170&sr=8-1

Hmmm forget the foot pedal.otherwise my 1 3/4 hp is still churning out the goods...10 years later.
    get 2 sets of blades. .mate up a blade to a plate..keep them mated up for good. .they wear together for better grinding.Cabelas is great quality.
    Keep the meat cooled down before grinding..2..3 hours in tubs in the freezer along with the plate blade ,auger, lock ring...it really helps.
    Buy once cry once.
    cheers
    srupp

I have the cabelas 3/4h only ran 1 bear through it but it was flawless. Chewed through it in 5 min.
    Originally Posted by lip_ripper00
    Don't argue with an idiot, you will be dragged down to his level and beaten by experiance
    Originally Posted by bearhunter338-06
    Problem is easy to fix........Sell Chevy buy Dodge problem fixed..................

Quote Originally Posted by r106 View Post
    I have the cabelas 3/4h only ran 1 bear through it but it was flawless. Chewed through it in 5 min.
    Same here, got the 3/4 hp one with a foot pedal. Really like it.

Sounds like the general consensus is that Cabela's ones seems pretty decent.. I think I will pull the trigger on the 1hp one as it has reverse.. I'll take a look at the STX one but I think Cabela's has a decent wareenty and lots of accessories if I need them.it also seems to do ok as a sausage stuffer from the reviews. we normally do 3-4 deer a year and a bear or two..

Have Cabelas 3/4 hp for several years now and love it. Plenty good enough for moose, elk, deer...you name it!

Quote Originally Posted by bcsteve View Post
    Same here, got the 3/4 hp one with a foot pedal. Really like it.
    Same, awesome grinder. It's on sale right now as well for $399.
    WSSBC Life Member
    CCFR

Originally PM'd from stixnstones:
    "wheres your pics of this deer? if he is a good one. i will pay u to tell me where he lives? cash for christmas. let me know. thanks"

My 20 qt Hobart is in the shop so I picked up a Princess Auto 2/3 hp #12 meat grinder for about $150...works fine for what I need