Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Ram Down, Special Hunter, Inspiration. Appreciation.

Re: Ram Down, Special Hunter, Inspiration. Appreciation.

Being on rams,finally, was a very good feeling. I could see her enthusiasm and excitement yet she tempered it. She was in control. I was getting to know her better and felt confident she wasn’t going into buck fever mode when killing may happen. Seen more than a few guys come unglued when the reality of squeezing the trigger gets the best of them. Was pretty sure she would be solid.

I’ve been around a lot of people, managed a nation sales force, you learn to deal with a lot of strong personalities. What I found interesting with my ongoing hunt with this special gal was I was finding myself learning from her. I am a firm believer that a persons attitude predicts their altitude in life. Down the the home stretch I was soaring/hunting with an eagle for sure. Being around folks that make you want to do better, go that extra mile, leave no rock unturned, find success at almost any cost....I have always admired those that can influence others that way. I have also learned that some of these truly special people don’t realize how special their skill set is in that regard.

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

Try and be kind to everyone but fear no one. - Ourea

We sat on those rams, had her try a few different shooting spots, get the scope on the best ram.... just rehearse the situation so nothing would be new come time. Finally the rams got up. Again, if they fed down this deal would be sealed.

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

The rams got up....started to feed, not picking a direction. Slowly they committed to heading up...fak.
    They fed over the ridge and out of sight, very disappointing but that is hunting plain and simple. I am a very strong believer in not forcing a situation or bouncing animals. We left those rams and headed out knowing there would be another day albeit her tag was going to expire soon.

And ? More please .

This is great stuff. Give me more
    WSSBC Life Member
    WSSBC Monarch Member
    CCFR Member

Good stuff, look forward to the rest..

Come ON ! I shaking with Anticipation RJ

We did not kill a ram that night. Walked away after snooping a bit closer once we were confident we couldn’t be seen.
    Low impact approach. No opportunity but as sheep hunters know they shouldn’t go far unless bounced.

We hiked out. Was extremely cool to see this person being more and more energized. We saw a band of rams, had a chance, were disciplined in our approach and walked away. She was stoked yet fighting thru obvious adversity. As we both kind of peg leg or limped out ....I’m feeling so cooool knowing that it is only a matter of time. Again, never a complaint, never a I can’t do this, never I’m too weak to go on.

I’m going to leave this thread and let her pick it up from here (Her story to tell in a new thread) she was an inspiration, the tag holder, the successful hunter. I was just a piece in the puzzle and some amazing quality people helped this hunt get closed.