Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Liability insurance

Liability insurance

Going to try my hand at ducks and geese. Where can I buy the mandatory $1M liability insurance and anyone know much the cost is? Thanks.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Liability insurance

Take a photo copy of your Homeowners or Tenants Package Policy with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Glove View Post
    Take a photo copy of your Homeowners or Tenants Package Policy with you.
    Thanks. I didn't know it was covered by a home owners policy. I thought you needed some special hunting liability insurance or something. Good to know. Cheers

You get 1M liability insurance with a a membership to BCWF

Quote Originally Posted by lakelander View Post
    Thanks. I didn't know it was covered by a home owners policy. I thought you needed some special hunting liability insurance or something. Good to know. Cheers
    I’d be pretty careful about that. I doubt your homeowners policy covers you shooting on public land. As oilcountry said, BCWF membership comes with what you need. I’d love to watch someone try and convince a CO that their homeowners policy was sufficient!
    If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat?

BHA, BCWF, CCFR, PETA, Lever Action Addict.

CCFR. I think Membership gives you $5,000,000. Liability with $1000.00 Deductible . You need to check this yourself Iam not responsible for what I mentioned
    Arctic Lake
    Member of CCFR Would encourage you all to join today !
    Read Teddy Roosevelt “ The Man In The Arena “ !

Quote Originally Posted by Redthies View Post
    I’d be pretty careful about that. I doubt your homeowners policy covers you shooting on public land. As oilcountry said, BCWF membership comes with what you need. I’d love to watch someone try and convince a CO that their homeowners policy was sufficient!
    Your HO Policy covers your legal liability arising out of most all of your legal, personal activities.
    It, like virtually all Liability policies will exclude any liability arising out of any illegal activities.
    Yes BCWF Membership, which I have, does cover your legal liabilities arising out of legal hunting activities just offering up an alternative to those who are not BCWF Members.

Quote Originally Posted by Redthies View Post
    Lots of home insurance policies have a public liability clause. I have used mine for years no issues. Just another option for those who dont want to support the BCWF

If you are a member of a gun club they may provide insurance as part of it. PCDHFC provides liability for hunting and fishing activities.

silvercore gun club Vancouver
    Every membership comes with 10 million in liability insurance for hunting and shooting related activities
    The challenge of retirement is how to spend time without spending money.
    The worst day slinging lead is still better than the best day working.
    Look around is there someone you can introduce to shooting because that’s the only way we will buck the anti gun trend sweeping Canada! "tigrr 2006"