Thread: april 19, 2020 Why I am still staying at home

april 19, 2020 Why I am still staying at home

Dear Mum:

Years and years ago you would tell me to “think globally, yet act locally”

And now that we find ourselves in a global pandemic, I thought I would explain why I am still staying at home

I am staying at home because I respect science and while I question most things, including this pandemic, the science is clear

I am staying at home in respect for the front line workers who are more or less forced to enter into potentially unsafe conditions on a daily basis; you know, the truck drivers, the safeway clerks, the bed pan cleaners, the paramedics, nurses, doctors etc etc etc……….

Yet even more poignant to me is I am staying home in respect of those who can least afford this pandemic to go on even one day longer than it needs to………they are the tens and tens of thousands of honest, hard working Canadians that will, over the coming months and years, lose their homes and businesses to this calamity

I have a big boat now, and normally I would be on said boat, and even though i could effectively self isolate there, I am choosing not to board for another reason; that being should I go to the boat, all my neighbours will see I am ‘away’; all my children, nephews, nieces (who look up to me for guidance), relatives and friends will simply surmise that “what’s good for the goose must be good for the gander” and this is not something I wish to be accountable for

Fortunately I can outlast anything this work stoppage can throw our way; and I am there for my extended family as well

RIP Mum (2006)

I’m doing my (little) part

chris
    Last edited by whognu; 04-19-2020 at 03:18 PM.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: april 19, 2020 Why I am still staying at home

Thank you. Nicely said.

Chris, I don't completely agree with your stance but it is admirable nonetheless. I'd sooner 100 friends that overdo self isolation than one that denies the dangers of this virus.

I hope you get a few hundred hours on that boat once you feel it is safe.

/a
    Is Justin Competent, or just incompetent?

Hmm mm very well stated..
    errrrrrr"...Grammer police...ambulance attendants. .are Paramedics. ..awwww much better.
    Dear Mom..your son grew up just fine...done you very proud.
    Srupp

Thumbs up Re: april 19, 2020 Why I am still staying at home

Awesome Sir!

And from one of the many at High Risk - Many THANKS!!!

Cheers!
    Matt
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

hey srupp

of course no disrespect

i fixed it immediately

xoxo