Thread: Patching KUIU Yukon

Patching KUIU Yukon

So I just bought a set of KUIU Yukon Rain gear..... Went on the first hunt.... buddy Shot a moose... and in heaving it into the SXS I sat on a knife.... lucky I didn't cut my thigh yep.... bit mad at dad for leaving an open knife where he did yep ( he doesn't know that tho ) .... but now I sit with a 1" cut in my new pants...... how do you patch them? I emailed KUIU but haven't got a response yet......

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Patching KUIU Yukon

in the correct forum now

Just Google any gore tex repair method. It will work.

I use a patch kit that comes with Simms waders.

there was a few guys who mentioned "Tenacious tape" and another who mentioned "NOSO" patches. I ordered a NOSO patch because it was 9.99$ landed to my door and they are a company designed around specifically patching gear.
    so it was easy and cheap... I will look for the Tenacious tape as well because it looks like a good product to have on hand. I was thinking of wader patches but I wasn't wanting to use a "Glue" per say. NOSO says stick them on and put in the dryer the dryer heat activates the adhesive.... so we will see.

I have just recently bought some tenacious tape and was pleasantly surprised at its ease of use and durability thus far. Used on a down jacket. Bought it at Atmosphere.
    Tick tock, tick tock...waiting for hunting season...

Quote Originally Posted by 835 View Post
    there was a few guys who mentioned "Tenacious tape" and another who mentioned "NOSO" patches. I ordered a NOSO patch because it was 9.99$ landed to my door and they are a company designed around specifically patching gear.
    so it was easy and cheap... I will look for the Tenacious tape as well because it looks like a good product to have on hand. I was thinking of wader patches but I wasn't wanting to use a "Glue" per say. NOSO says stick them on and put in the dryer the dryer heat activates the adhesive.... so we will see.
    I've used Tenacious Tape on my FL jacket (thanks to the A-hole who drunkenly gave me a hug with a lit smoke in hand).

Been 2 years and still holding up strong. Pretty surprised actually
    Backcountry Hunters and Anglers BC

oooooohhh that sucks.......
    was he a buddy?

Quote Originally Posted by 835 View Post
    oooooohhh that sucks.......
    was he a buddy?
    Not someone I hate... Not someone I'd hug sober hahahaha

Oh well. Other then not looking as cool, the jacket still works as needed haha
    Backcountry Hunters and Anglers BC

War wound? lol

Tenacious tape is great for fabric repairs. I wouldn't use it as a permanent gore tex repair for something I expect to remain 100% waterproof.