Thread: MAVEN C1 8x42 FOV

Question MAVEN C1 8x42 FOV

Anyone with experience with the binos wanna weigh in with their thoughts on the 341 @1000 yards. Some reviews say it's like looking through a toilet roll. I'm sure that's an exaggeration, but wanted to ask anyway.

Cheers
    J

2. Site Sponsor

Re: MAVEN C1 8x42 FOV

Maven makes some sweet glass. I don’t own a pair but I have used them and I think they are wicked.
    I support PETA!
    People Eating Tasty Animals!

Quote Originally Posted by PressurePoint View Post
    Maven makes some sweet glass. I don’t own a pair but I have used them and I think they are wicked.
    Thanks buddy! I'm working through their pro deal process right now.

I did not like the C1 and sold it, upgraded to Nikon Monarchs HG in 10x42. Best glass I've looked through.

I have the C1s and I am very happy with them. They are noticeably better than the diamondbacks, which they should be. They are not as good as the Monarchs HG, which they shouldn't be based on price and the fact that Nikon has produced high end glass for decades.

Buddy had the Viper HDs and my friend looked through mine and his buddies and could tell a difference.

My experience. I was hunting by some farms. I could barely make out what was on a person's property from 600+ yds away with my naked eye. It was barely shooting light. I was looking across a field that had a bit of morning fog over it. I thought I herd elk by the persons house and I wanted to intercept once they made their way to private. I could clearly see what was on the property through the C1s when I could only see dark shapes in the morning light with my naked eye.

Is it as fancy as the higher end stuff. Absolutely not. Do I think they are great value without having to step up to a Razor HD or a Monarch HG, absolutely. The C1s served their purpose that morning.

I like the build quality too. I found my diamondbacks squeaked a lot in my AGC bino pack. The Maven's do not.

I have the 8x42s. Zero regrets. bought through amazon.ca. Price shows no tax when I bought and there was no tax owed when they arrived so I am assuming the tax and duty was already baked in to the price....

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesonm View Post
    Anyone with experience with the binos wanna weigh in with their thoughts on the 341 @1000 yards. Some reviews say it's like looking through a toilet roll. I'm sure that's an exaggeration, but wanted to ask anyway.

Cheers
    J
    To answer your question. My FOV is 388ft/1000 yards in an 8x42 while my partners is 361ft/1000 yards in a 10x42 and it's a slightly noticeable difference to me.

I have the 8x42 C1s. I love them. If you are near the Fraser valley and want to come test them out you are more than welcome to.

Quote Originally Posted by hparrott View Post
    I have the 8x42 C1s. I love them. If you are near the Fraser valley and want to come test them out you are more than welcome to.
    Thanks mate that's really nice of you, but I'm on the island.

As I have been using a pair of old Bushnell powerview, anything will be an improvement as they are in rough shape.

After a year of research hahaha I finally decided to save some money. I was considering the trinovid and conquest and purchase the c1s. Thanks for everyone's input!

I had C1 10-42 and they were great for the money. No doubt you can buy better binos but for the same money or even more expensive binos the C1 is hard to beat