Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: federal blue box performance

federal blue box performance

cheap shit ammo got to see thats what co's use around here sighted a gun in with them tell i can reload for it..

1.shot one mature male bb bulled split shell leaving copper at entry lead kept rolling blowing a big exit with lead caught in hide.

2. 200yds shot lungs mature md bullet held expanded gone.
    3.mature whitetail 2 shots 1 pass through heart one a little back 1 recovered bullet perfect mushroom.
    4.young whitetail head shot..decapitated no idea..

not sure what to think but accurate for cheap stuff.

shock factor was more then anticipated once skinned.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: federal blue box performance

I've shot a few deer with them. They died.
    I saw a roosevelt shot 3 times. One hit the shoulder, broke the bone, bullet basically disintegrated. We don't find any significant pieces, hard to say if they made it into the cavity.
    Next one was high, guy was a little panicked, at close range. Didn't expand.
    Third one also close range, more panicked, hit the other shoulder. Bullet disintegrated again.
    I took his rifle away and shot it in the boiler room with the last round he had and it died.

I won't be using them anymore other than checking the function of a rifle.
    The only thing I like as much as trucks, is guns.

I have had great results. The bullets typically break up when they hit bone and the frags destroy the organs causing massive damage. I find them very accurate also.

wife shot a muley at 120in center of chest last year i recoverd perfect mushroom out of pelvic bone..300win mag for her..i was using 30-06 in my shots.

Shot a bear with one. Through the shoulder, fragged and shredded the heart. Saw another guy shoot a bear with them. 2 shots to the ass and the thing took off running. Only died when another guy shot it in the head. Ass shots shattered the pelvis.

i use them for deer, find they shed the front portion into pieces and the rest mushrooms, very effective in the boiler room. not what i use on moose or elk, i leave that to barnes
    half the people in this world are below average intelligence

Been shooting 300 WSM federal blue box 180 gr the last couple years, shot a bear, pass thru on the lungs, and a bull moose at 120 yards. Broadside, in and out. Haven’t recovered one yet, but, good so far. Prints groups at an inch in my Tikka.

Central Interior of our beautiful british columbia.

All I used to use in my 300 win mag. 180gr SP federals. Killed many moose and bears with them. I switched to TTSX's in that 300, and thats all I've used since. I reload, so I shoot TTSX for the price, or less, than the blue box Feds now! Moosin
    "A good day hunting is mud on your truck or blood on your hands"

“Some people go to church and think about hunting……………others go hunting and think about God!”

It's actually called the 375 "ouch and ouch"!!

"Not asking for any spots or anything like that............................................"

I shot a buck with them once, it shattered and ruined a shoulder, I've never had that happen with any other bullet..only use them for target practice now..

270Win, 130Gr BB Feds. 3/4MOA killed a few moose and a Rosie plus too many deer to remember....

Basic break down for me.
    they are super accurate
    they to break up and impart hydraulic shock.. its what they are designed to do.
    they make it all the way through deer when shot in the chest.
    I have recovered a few on the far side of moose.
    on big animals I have never shot more than twice... except once.... but that was me ... i was a wee tad excited...
    the only reason i don't shoot them now is i moved back to Victoria and have access to dads reloading stuff... so i do that..