Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bc hunting regs “ illuminating devices”

Bc hunting regs “ illuminating devices”

Just wondering if anyone has had a better explanation from a CO or found anything in the wild life act that would better explain what they mean by illuminating device in the hunting regs( Does this mean only flash lights or also night vision or also infrared . My reason for this I found a cool tool on the snap on truck that is a infrared heat gun with a small screen. I think this would be great for finding downed game in thick bush. The tool ain’t cheap but would be well worth it. I think it’s accurate up to around 50 yards.

Thanks
    Lord let me come home bloody, not my own.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Bc hunting regs “ illuminating devices”

I’d also like to know how they consider spotlight use for livestock protection.

also would like to know if predator is spotted from drone approaching livestock if that’s considered hunting with drone use.

spot light for predator protection on livestock is legal...its not hunting.most animals have to be reportes under that...it seperate than hunting regs..

Well Im now confused, I could have sworn that thermals and nightvision were not allowed when hunting, I thought it sad that right in the regs but its not there. Ive even had people tell me that they are illegal but I cant find it in writing. Ive seen deer on thermal imaging cameras from close to 100yds, they show up as a white spot, not very detailed but would be great for finding downed game. FLIR makes a "phone case" that your phone fits into and its a TIC camera for short range.

If it's not illegal they should be. Wouldn't be long before guys are using them to locate live game.

Does this go as far as “lighted knocks” also ?
    BLACKRIFLESMATTER

Quote Originally Posted by Keta1969 View Post
    If it's not illegal they should be. Wouldn't be long before guys are using them to locate live game.
    Like infrared game cameras?

Quote Originally Posted by Keta1969 View Post
    The ones that good are $10,000

I tried a $4000 thermal and it would never work to hunt with. Takes too long to warm up, and the refresh rate is too fast.

ATN Thor LT thermo hunting optics

https://www.atncorp.com/thermal-scope-thor-lt-3-6x

As much as they help locate game you cant see antlers with them, guys use them for pigs and coyotes at night becuase they are pretty obvious. Saying that if its that dark its probably not legal hunting light so breaking the law is still breaking the law. Lots of factors have an effect on the effectiveness of TIC cameras, I only used one to see deer when we were standing around at an MVI and we had one on the truck, it was a top of the line FLIR and it wasnt that good.