Thread: My 2019 longtime dream moose hunt!

Threaded View

My 2019 longtime dream moose hunt!

I should probably start this off by going back 8 or 9 months to when all this planning had started. It has always been on my bucket list to go up north and do a moose hunt. So after last deer season in about January or February the planning for a moose hunt finally started. I started by talking to everyone I knew who had experience hunting moose followed by tons and tons of E scouting and reading about moose hunting as well as watching tons of videos on moose. As my girlfriend always says hunting has consumed my whole life. Nowadays if I’m not hunting I am planning a hunt or talking about hunting or watching hunting videos or reading about wildlife, basically it's all I do and think about haha. So back to the planning!!.. After analyzing google maps and getting access maps and looking up oil and gas maps I called my hunting mentor and good friend Steve (srupp). As always he did not hesitate to offer help and guidance. After a bunch of phone conversations and emails going over maps and accesses as-well as different terrain and areas we thought would hold moose, I finally had a spot picked out that we both figured would hold some game and give me some good opportunities at a bull. Fast forward to Sept 26 which is the night we planned on heading out on our adventure. It was my brother and I, as well as two of our best friends. We had two trucks loaded to the max and were all set to head North. Since two people out of the group had to work that day we had planned to leave at 11pm to hopefully be there by midday the following day.

Sept 27

After driving all night and day we had finally arrived at our destination. Where we had planned to stay at a rec site was full of other hunters, which I expected would happen but luckily there was one spot left. We had maybe a few hours of light left to set up our camp and get settled till we started our hunt in the morning. So after a few hours of setting up and getting organized we finally had our camp set up and ready to go after a quick deer stew for dinner. It was time for bed to be up in the early am to hunt moose finally after all the planning we were here and it was time I couldn't believe that the day had finally come!

Last edited by bchunter181; 10-15-2019 at 03:37 PM.

2. Site Sponsor