Thread: 8-1 Access

Cool 8-1 Access

Can anyone tell me about access into Reg 8-1 from Oliver? Mapbook shows Indian Reserve area to east of Oliver. Can I still drive thru that area to get back into 8-1? Am I better off to access more south near Osoyoos? I see Sidley BC on map but is there any accommodations in that area? Thanks

2. Site Sponsor

Re: 8-1 Access

No idea re Sidley, but there's a fairly major FSR from Oliver up to Mt. Baldy ski area. Takes you thru Reserve land, but shouldn't be a problem. That road will be for sure in good shape, access from Sidley perhaps not so, especially once the snow flies.

Quote Originally Posted by Deer_Slayer View Post
    Can anyone tell me about access into Reg 8-1 from Oliver? Mapbook shows Indian Reserve area to east of Oliver. Can I still drive thru that area to get back into 8-1? Am I better off to access more south near Osoyoos? I see Sidley BC on map but is there any accommodations in that area? Thanks
    The road from Oliver is no problem and yes goes through the reserve but never an issue, it is around 37 clicks to Baldy and it is paved for approximately half of it. There is an alternate route which is 1/2 the distance that comes in off hwy 3 on the way to Rock Creek. As far as rentals goes check the Baldy Blog as there are a few cabins for rent on the hill.

When are you planning on going up? I am up there this weekend myself at my cabin, it is calling for snow pretty much all week up on the ski hill so have good tires!

Leaving early Saturday am. I found a motel in Oliver so we are ok for that. Thanks guys and happy hunting. Never hunted this area before but hope for the best.