Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Region 6-9

Region 6-9

Anyone been up hunting region 6-9 lately ? I'm heading up the end of the month to Houston . I'm taking my friend and her kids. They have never put in a leh before. And this year drew one for moose. Most of my hunting is always in the cariboo. 6-9 is new to me. Ive got a couple areas to check out. I don't want your honey hole but if anyone could pm me maybe some pointers/places to check out up there. Has anyone been seeing much for moose in that area? Oldest kid is 15 I think he's up first. Next would be 13. I really want to try and get them into there moose. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Region 6-9

Sent you a PM

Pretty tough hunting in 6-9 I've heard. Where are you looking to set up camp? I know a few good places to look.

Sent u a pm

owey man owey.

Considering most of 6-9 burnt down last summer I would suggest another area. Have seen about 20 or so guys leaving empty this year and only 3 taken. There is just no food for them after the burn

I've been out a few times.

Last weekend I headed into my moose spot Friday night and two guys were headed out with a bull they called in that morning, they saw a second bull as well. Nothing was around after they spent the day in there though.

Yesterday I was driving out from goat hunting and got in between a calf and cow on the road. Got out of the jeep and the cow came pretty close to me to meet back up with her calf, very cool to hear them vocalize to find each other. A few kms down the road and a spike bull was standing on the road. Saw over 20 grouse as well.

Good luck

Huge zone. Moose are certainly in pockets, have to find them. The burns have edges, unburnt portions, not homogeneous, have seen moose in there. I know the zone well and struck out last year but was seeing moose. Just have to be right place right time. Give it a good shot, historical info might not be accurate because the fires have changed things

spent 17days there this year yeilded four cows...all on water..

Hunted 14 days last year up morice river got nothing seen two cows ,and out of all the other hunters seen one 2 point bull harvested ,was disappointed.fires were still smoldering might of had something to do with it,lots of bear zero deer.