Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: I feel like I got poached out of my first buck.

Re: I feel like I got poached out of my first buck.

This is rubbish. If the spur road is a short one, and you were there first, parking on it states that fact. It’s usually not big enough for more than one anyways. Move on and don’t **** someone else’s hunt up.

You think a 300 yard long spur road is big enough for 2 or 3 guys? Get out of your god damn vehicle and do some walking. Asshats.

Or get up a little earlier and stake out your own spot first. If I see a vehicle on a spur road I move on. Someone always has to be that guy driving past your truck and doing loops past you while you’re hunkered down in the bush at first light.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpish View Post
    ............You think a 300 yard long spur road is big enough for 2 or 3 guys? ............
    Definitely.
    Not sure what you would expect for a buffer around your parked car. Just because it is pointed one way or on a spur is no indication of where the owner is travelling
    I park off the road, but in a days travel sometimes can be 2 km away in any direction, depends where sign and wind leads me. A parked vehicle has no importance or claim as far as I am concerned.
    Just be cautious and aware of your target background
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpish View Post
    This is rubbish. If the spur road is a short one, and you were there first, parking on it states that fact. It’s usually not big enough for more than one anyways. Move on and don’t **** someone else’s hunt up.

You think a 300 yard long spur road is big enough for 2 or 3 guys? Get out of your god damn vehicle and do some walking. Asshats.
    I try to give others space if I see a truck parked off to the side and go elsewhere. But block the road my level of respect goes way way down. It’s almost like someone is challenging me on who can be the bigger asshole and well let’s not go there lol

Roads are for vehicles and people can use them for many reasons beyond hunting. If you choose to road hunt expect to have the risk of running into other vehicles. Want to be left alone get off the road that was built for the purpose of driving on

Yes respect to your fellow hunters and giving space is the right thing but a little common sense from all parties is needed. Don’t forget those roads are used by more than just hunters

Sure glad I avoid people as much as possible when I am hunting because entitled idiots piss me off

No right to phuck with someone's vehicle, let air out of tires and smear shit around.....grow up. Also recently took a young fella out to introduce to hunting and parked off to side at entrance to last cutblock at end of branch road and hiked in to a good vantage point to sit and watch the sweet spot till last light. Sure enough....last 1/2hr asshat shows up drives right by my truck at side and proceeds to drive every old spur in the block jump out and glass every inch of it while stereo blasting away. It was obvious we had walked in to stake it out for last light and would be sitting there somewhere. That is a dick move....and wasted our evening. Sounds like some here think there’s nothin wrong with that. If its the end of the road move on. No need to be on top of each other.
    Last edited by northof49; 10-19-2019 at 07:01 AM.

Last I heard, it was still a free country and folks are allowed to legally, drive, hunt, walk, or play music anywhere that they choose.

If your vehicle is parked somewhere or you decided to walk some where it does not gve you exclusive rights to the area.

There are tons of dicks out there. I hike when I hunt, and while I can’t help cringing a bit when someone rips around near me on a quad, it’s public land, so I have no more right to it than they do. I try and think, “meh, maybe the deer they spook will head towards me”. It does still piss me off some times, but what can you really do without being an even bigger dick?
    If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat?

BHA, BCWF, CCFR, PETA, Lever Action Addict.

For me, it's not all about the kill in fact it's way more about the journey... learning from mistakes, being out there with friends, or cruising the timber solo step by slow step and taking in as much nature as possible. I've been bow hunting elk for 13 years without killing one. I've learned that the more I focus on killing one the more frustrated I become and the less I enjoy the experience. Hope you kill soon and get over the angst.
    "When you judge another you don't define them, you define yourself."

Keep trying OP, the bucks are out there, you just need to keep at it

Blocking a road, no matter what size or distance to the end, is a douche move. I wouldn’t smear shit on their doors, but I understand the desire. Take a picture of the vehicle and the surrounding and send to CO. It’s about all you can do.

Remeber children, road blockers are douches, don’t be a douche. Simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by ACE View Post
    Don't carry those thoughts around with you . . . . let them go. Your chance will come again. Enjoy your time in the field.
    that says it all. public land hunting is full of pitfalls. persistence is key. there’s likely more deer to be had.