Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I feel like I got poached out of my first buck.

Re: I feel like I got poached out of my first buck.

Can't really blame the other hunter but I can see where you're comming from. Shitty how it played out but sometimes that's hunting. Don't let it get to you.

Yeh man that sucks but they have every right to the area that you do. Bad luck get one next time definitely not poached as title says

Frustrating yes but that is the risk of hunting near road

Season is not over yet

That kind of thing happens alot, not the other hunters fault, nor yours. I'd try that area again for the buck you were looking for or there may be another.

That's what hunting is all about. You don't always get what you expect. Think of it this way you got to go to Princeton and tulameen and see a few animals and spend time with your friend. And see the wonderfull outdoors. I used to hunt tulameen lots you just have to get to spots where the crowds will not go. Like real crappy spots.
    You never know you may get out hunting again. See one time you may be that guy that shoots a big deer that maybe someone else was after. Hunting is all about timing you have to be in the right spot at the right time. Well that is what I think anyways.
    Nothing is like climbing a mountain, and then feeling like you are at the top of the world.

That's hunting sir ... has happened many of times with me usually being on the right side of the story . Nothing the guy did wrong he was there for the same reason as you

frustrating but certainly not poached. Keep trying
    WSSBC Monarch
    WSF Life Member
    2% Certified
    RMGA Member
    CCFR Member

Just gotta go find another one. Should be easier next weekend. I had my first 6pt elk 50 yards away screaming at me and had another hunter come and blow it out on me as i was waiting for a good shot. It sucks. Hunt more remote or prepare for the possibility of this.

Quote Originally Posted by RackStar View Post
    Just gotta go find another one. Should be easier next weekend. I had my first 6pt elk 50 yards away screaming at me and had another hunter come and blow it out on me as i was waiting for a good shot. It sucks. Hunt more remote or prepare for the possibility of this.
    exactly !

we experienced just this on Sunday.

hiked in a bit to a spot we knew held deer, just as we sat down and got our sights on the target deer, down the valley two shots ring out from a big gun, and up the WT go and like a flash they are into the next dimension.
    turns out even though we hiked in, we just hiked closer to a different road someone was driving up and hunting a bit up.

also keep in mind it wouldn’t be called hunting if you got the one you wanted every time or were successful more often than not ^^

thats a shit happens moment