Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: I feel like I got poached out of my first buck.

Re: I feel like I got poached out of my first buck.

What I say I would like to do, or feel like doing and what I actually do are two very different things. First off, I simply get pissed off for about 5 seconds, probably mutter a couple curse words to myself and then move on and forget about it. Hunting time is precious and I'm to old to start any confrontations - you never know who you're dealing with. Last thing that I would ever do is create a situation that endangers the life of someone out there. You never know, a guy could have a medical issue that needs immediate attention and he may only have moments to spare to get himself to safety/help. I'm not going to complicate things for anyone.

I like to leave others alone and also like being left alone. I don't touch anyone's property - don't want anything to do with it. If I see a vehicle in a spot that I had hope to go to, I just turn around soon as I see them because I consider the area ruined for me for the day because I have no idea what was done in the area. There's other days for me. Ruined might be too strong or incorrect word.

Now here is where I back-pedal a little - if the the guy(s) were in a short dead end that is safe to target shoot in (with a good backstop like a dirt bank), then blocking the road does provide a good measure of safety.
    Last edited by Rieber; 10-20-2019 at 11:30 AM.

Good to hear but post 34 sure sounds childish and concerning. Hopefully just the keyboard talking. Certainly sounds confrontational and bordering on vandalism. So much area out there I just don’t get the anger. Can’t understand trying to disrupt their hunt and phuck with their stuff.

As for myself I have never blocked a road and when if I find someone already hunting in an an area I could care less and simply move on. I would hope others would do the same. I hope they have a good hunt and are successful. Best to always have back up plans or go scope out some new areas and just enjoy the time out there.
    Last edited by northof49; 10-20-2019 at 05:29 PM.

I have seen a bad thing happen when one person blocks a road, and another tries to let that person know that it was wrong.
    Didn't work out well for either groups, just a bunch of smashed up trucks, no bullshit!

Why people block the road, I have no idea!
    I have gone o then near end of a spur road, and pressed my truck up into the timber, just so someone else could get by, or, better yet,
    to not be a dick!
    Truth is, my truck is there, so that should tell someone I am around most likely, especially if it is not a campsite.
    Now, if that person also wants to hunt the same hill, nothing I can do about it.
    Just be warned, I hunt it hard and all day, so I ain't going no where.
    If anything, I will use them to my advantage if I can.

But I get how some want to tow a truck off the road if it is blocking.
    I almost concur in theory, but reality I different!

Video, video, video!! of truck and plate and if you have a gps, put that in the pic with the vehicle in question.
    Then forward on.
    It may take time, but the owner will get a call.

I don't want to make out I'm a saint or anything, but I always pull off to side of any road I'm parking on to let people get by if they want. I may be walking farther up the road, but chances are I will be way off in the trees somewhere.

I think it’s more offensive when the idiot decides to drive around a Jeep Parked at the entrance to a 200 meter long spur road and wreck someone’s ambush.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpish View Post
    I think it’s more offensive when the idiot decides to drive around a Jeep Parked at the entrance to a 200 meter long spur road and wreck someone’s ambush.
    first if the person is new to the area they may not know it’s a 200 meter road. Second many would assume your in the bush hunting when they see your truck. Third it’s a road you should expect trucks that is what it’s built for

Myself I would have went elsewhere but likely I would have also been at my location already. Completely support giving other hunters space but where is the limit.

I work in the bush if I see your truck and it’s where I need to go work do you expect me to go elsewhere?

When I ran a trapline would I need to avoid checking the sets in the area because of your truck?

Yes other hunters should respect eachothers space but let’s use common sense if you’re going to hunt on Or right near a road you need to understand you are choosing to take a risk of being interrupted.

Roads are built for travel and not just hunters if you want to limit odds of being bothered get in the bush. Don’t block a road thinking you own it either because it maybe be screwing with someone’s job or a crews job and possibly an emergency situation. DON’T BE A DICK or you will in time run into someone who won’t tolerate it

Sucks you had your ambush screwed up but pick a better spot next time is the lesson you should learn from it.

Before I got married in '87, I worked several years in Mining Exploration and believe me when there was a vehicle blocking the roadway - oh man, there better have been a strong reason why that road was blocked. Hunters did not receive any love for blocking roads and it happened several times up Laredo and up the New Denver/Silverton area. I've been right there when trucks were pulled out of the way. DON'T BLOCK ROADS unless is a safety issue. I would consider a few things to be safety issues like: washed out road, imminent land slide, half the road missing, someone blasting or someone falling a tree.

Anyways, I'm just out there to enjoy the backwoods and I'm going to do my best not to interfere with anyone else out there. As a backwoods user, you decide for yourself how you wish to be treated out there and act accordingly. You chose how and where you park but when you impact someone else, don't cry if you find that someone has decided to take action to deter you from you repeating that same incident.

Peace and love Bro's - DON'T BLOCK THE ROADS.