Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wildlife art for wildlife conservation

Wildlife art for wildlife conservation

Hey guys, as many of you know the tidal fishing licence has the option of a Salmon Stamp if you wish to retain your catch. Every year there is a painting contest to choose what image will be the Salmon Stamp for the following season. It is open to anyone, professional or amateur. This year I've been invited to paint in it. The proceeds of the Stamp all go to salmon conservation and the winning piece which is made into prints for sale that also go to the cause.
    I was born into a commercial salmon fishing family out of port Neville bc on the coast so salmon has always been important to me and my family so I'm thrilled to be able to help the species any way I can. I recently began painting wildlife because after pursuing, fishing and hunting, and viewing wildlife all fall I still wanted a way to intimately experience wildlife in the off season. I'm hoping in the future to get a website made up and have at least 1% of all sales go to wildlife conservation. My oal here isn't to self promote but rather share my journey and passion for the wildlife we all love and pursue, in hopes my newborn son and his kids and grandkids get to enjoy them in the same way.
    Here's a few recent ones. Sorry for the poor quality images I'll try to get some in my gallery
    Thanks fellas.

-Josh
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1.jpg   1-2.jpg   1-1.jpg  
    Last edited by jshansen; 08-21-2019 at 11:42 PM. Reason: Better quality photos

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Wildlife art for wildlife conservation

Hey Josh,
    They look great! Make sure to post up a link once
    your site is life....

I'd like to see bigger better quality images of thos art works, got any links or a web page?

Do you have anything for sale? Those look nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Muledeercrazy2 View Post
    Do you have anything for sale? Those look nice.
    Only originals so far, hoping to get prints, paper prints and cards made up

Quote Originally Posted by brian View Post
    I'd like to see bigger better quality images of thos art works, got any links or a web page?

Hey sorry ive had a heck of a time trying to post pics. No like or website yet, soon

Quote Originally Posted by jshansen View Post
    Only originals so far, hoping to get prints, paper prints and cards made up
    Would like to see prints and cards for sale
    Arctic Lake

Wildlife art for wildlife conservation

Hey guys, as many of you know the tidal fishing licence has the option of a Salmon Stamp if you wish to retain your catch. Every year there is a painting contest to choose what image will be the Salmon Stamp for the following season. It is open to anyone, professional or amateur. This year I've been invited to paint in it. The proceeds of the Stamp all go to salmon conservation and the winning piece which is made into prints for sale that also go to the cause.
    I was born into a commercial salmon fishing family out of port Neville bc on the coast so salmon has always been important to me and my family so I'm thrilled to be able to help the species any way I can. I recently began painting wildlife because after pursuing, fishing and hunting, and viewing wildlife all fall I still wanted a way to intimately experience wildlife in the off season. I'm hoping in the future to get a website made up and have at least 1% of all sales go to wildlife conservation. My oal here isn't to self promote but rather share my journey and passion for the wildlife we all love and pursue, in hopes my newborn son and his kids and grandkids get to enjoy them in the same way.
    Here's a few recent ones. Sorry for the poor quality images I'll try to get some in my gallery
    Thanks fellas.

-Josh

Incredible job bud, and for a good cause too, great work.,.

Nice work, you have some talent my friend
    Avatar is for all the conspiracy theory nut bars, for all the crow they have to eat when everything implodes

I've never heard of someone who isn't vaccinated getting polio

Trump will win big time in 2020

Why is it that rednecks from Alberta can't get enough of men in dresses, they simply lose their shit