Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Property lines - where to find maps

Property lines - where to find maps

So it's a well known fact that we have certain areas with a lot of private property. Sometimes this property is fenced aka marked, sometimes just marked and sometimes neither.

It makes it frustrating for those that would like to hunt nearby areas but have no way of telling how far a ranch property actually extends.

I have tried to look up areas on the same site where I can pull up my own property, but it is difficult as some of it is leased grazing land and not actual owned property etc

I have tried the Google earth overlay, which suffers kind of the same problem.

Is there a better solution? If I went to the city, could I request a document that shows the exact property extent of a ranch? What have others done?

I dont mind paying a few bucks if it means I have a peace of mind that I'm not accidentally driving my ATV over someone's property and coming back to it seized.

Thanks!

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Property lines - where to find maps

Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

I found myself looking for the exact same thing this year.

After some research, I downloaded iHunter BC to my phone and subscribed to the landowner overlay for about $10 per year. It allows you to cache the maps for offline use, and even provides a copy of the regs.

Total cost was about $15 and so far I've been very impressed!

Quote Originally Posted by Haddy View Post
    I tried this before but I do not find it reliable.
    Am I the only one?

Quote Originally Posted by dodge View Post
    I found myself looking for the exact same thing this year.

After some research, I downloaded iHunter BC to my phone and subscribed to the landowner overlay for about $10 per year. It allows you to cache the maps for offline use, and even provides a copy of the regs.

Total cost was about $15 and so far I've been very impressed!
    while Ihunter has been great for listing a lot of what’s crown private etc, do not rely on it 100 percent.
    there are a few areas around where I hunt that I KNOw are private property(know and speak to the owners)
    but for whatever reason on the app, their entire property shows up as general use crown land, and that’s certainly not the case. Even their ranch house is included in the shaded crown portion, so just food for thought ! It is absolutely better than guessing or having nothing though ! Worth the $15

Link is broken
    Google BC Laws and then search for Trespass to property and you can see the legislation. FYI

Quote Originally Posted by Hidehanger View Post
    Link is broken
    Google BC Laws and then search for Trespass to property and you can see the legislation. FYI
    What are you getting at? I'm not interested in trespassing or arguing the right of some easement or anything like that. I simply prefer to stay out of confrontation.

Quote Originally Posted by RyoTHC View Post
    while Ihunter has been great for listing a lot of what’s crown private etc, do not rely on it 100 percent.
    there are a few areas around where I hunt that I KNOw are private property(know and speak to the owners)
    but for whatever reason on the app, their entire property shows up as general use crown land, and that’s certainly not the case. Even their ranch house is included in the shaded crown portion, so just food for thought ! It is absolutely better than guessing or having nothing though ! Worth the $15
    This has actually been my problem for every source. Always some inconsistencies