Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Omg... I should have shot it? Maybe?

Re: Omg... I should have shot it? Maybe?

If you have to think about if it’s legal light or not you are better off to pass in my opinion.

WOW, that's all I've got!!! K

U don't have Hunt Buddy or the like?

OMG
    He's anything but a hunter.
    More like another, Rain Coast Sociopath Fraud. Living off the prevails of his chronic lies, like the rest of them...

It's an issue, because these sociopath environmentalist's, will dilute the facts.
    To the point you or Joe public, won't know them any more..
    They count on that big time..

If you can still see it well enough to shoot then you're still legal. As others have said though, make sure you know what time sunset is right to the minute each day. It's amazing how much it changes each day. Huntbuddy and a few other apps will tell you the times for sunrise and sunset in your actual position. I refer to it regularly.
    If an animal is going to die so that I might live, the least I can do is perform the unsavoury deed myself.

Quote Originally Posted by caddisguy View Post
    I could check sunset for the nearest town, but that's a ways away and 1500M elevation difference w/ totally different landscape so wouldn't be too relevant where I'm at.

I just go with the "how good can I see" method and it this one felt a little "off" but still an "on the fence" moment.

Maybe this is why I can't get a deer to save my life though
    What would a CO use to determine if it was legal shooting light, or not, at that area, if he had pulled you over?

Curious, where do you read that it depends on local terrain? All I see is one hour after/before published sunset and that doesn't change per terrain.
    Is Justin Competent, or just incompetent?

Quote Originally Posted by albravo2 View Post
    Curious, where do you read that it depends on local terrain? All I see is one hour after/before published sunset and that doesn't change per terrain.
    Sunset on the coast today is 18:27, sunset in Reg 3-30 today is 18:18, just sayin. To the OP, get yourself a GPS or HuntBuddy and your problem is solved! K

Quote Originally Posted by caddisguy View Post
    Sooo I'm up hunting somewhere (with reception for a change LOL)

We're just road hunting around, driving back to camp. It was getting pretty dark... almost dark.

Then we see this huge muley (at least a 5x5 with a great big body) on the road. I wasn't sure if it was "legal light" or not. I switched off my headlights to see how well I could see... could still see a good 30-40 yards or so though not much detail... watched the deer walk off into the bush and then kept driving.

I don't know what I'd do if I had a "do over" on that one haha.

Maybe I'll see him in the morning. Didn't even really plan on seeing a deer this trip. I just wanted to do our annual "Thanksgiving Road Hunt" and give the birdies a little heck.

Anyway Happy Thanksgiving friends!!
    Isn't it a half hour before sunrise and half hour after sunset for Migratory birds and an hour on either end for animals? I doubt you could have counted tines at 40 yards an hour after sunset, but maybe I'm wrong about that.
    Last edited by 180grainer; 10-13-2019 at 01:43 PM.
    We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed,

Collectivism is Slavery

Support a Woman's right to arm herself.

Jan 13th
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yj9Pm8-tFuU

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Russell View Post
    What would a CO use to determine if it was legal shooting light, or not, at that area, if he had pulled you over?
    In reply to the above quote, a C.O. would have used a watch and a GPS to figure out if it was legal. Pretty simple.....

You did the right thing.
    If you are not sure, don't shoot.
    But yes, legal light is different when you have mtn's in the way.
    Good on ya, and hopefully karma helps you in the future.