Thread: Whipsaw (Princeton) or Lawless FSR (Tulameen)

Whipsaw (Princeton) or Lawless FSR (Tulameen)

Will be heading out for the day for some grouse. Any input as to which area is better - thinking Whipsaw/Placier or Lawless FSR. Thanks.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Whipsaw (Princeton) or Lawless FSR (Tulameen)

Quote Originally Posted by lakelander View Post
    Will be heading out for the day for some grouse. Any input as to which area is better - thinking Whipsaw/Placier or Lawless FSR. Thanks.

Placer up behind the cop shop there, head up to around the 30km marker (Wilbert Hills) decent grouse population however i haven't been this year but always do pretty good around that area. Grassy side roads, walk them to the top then on the way back down take the high side of the road and go in 10 yards. Slowly walk following the road back down keeping it in eye sight. Works great for me.
    Good Old Outdoors "I was so puckered up down betweenst my butt cheeks I could have made a world class diamond that Beyonce herself couldn't even handle."

Quote Originally Posted by Gone_Fishin_ View Post
    Placer up behind the cop shop there, head up to around the 30km marker (Wilbert Hills) decent grouse population however i haven't been this year but always do pretty good around that area. Grassy side roads, walk them to the top then on the way back down take the high side of the road and go in 10 yards. Slowly walk following the road back down keeping it in eye sight. Works great for me.
    Thanks I'll give that a go. Area looks really promising on Google maps.

Well how was it!?

I show a few grouse on Sunday when I drove up whipsaw for a pit stop on my way home after coming out empty handed chasing deer

Quote Originally Posted by DannyO View Post
    Well how was it!?
    Saw 3 does, no bucks. Took home 5 grouse between my buddy and myself. Had a good time but we spent too much time on the SxS. Need to be in the bush a bit more next time. Should be good deer hunting with the rain.