Thread: 8-11 camp spot

8-11 camp spot

I've never been to the area, hoping someone can let me in on a decent camp spot.
    PM if you care to share!

2. Site Sponsor

Re: 8-11 camp spot

PM sent...

I live in Vernon but have never hunted 8-11. Close to major cities in the Okanagan lots of pressure from many different recreational users. Motorcycle area in the south, Bear Creek. North portion of Westside Rd Okanagan Indian Band territory. Not to discourage you, but it's getting pretty built up around there with Kelowna population exploding. Sorry can't help with campsites specifically, but I'm sure there are a few. Lake Okanagan resort near south end, not sure they offer camping, more of a lakeside resort catering to folks without camping gear. Westside road a fun ride on the motorbike, but personally 8-11 not on the radar for me with regard to hunting activities. I'd be more inclined to head for 8-21 just to the north of it. There was a resort at Pinaus lake but I think they shut down after flooding a few years ago.

My son got a Doe draw, it's not my first choice, but he made the leh choice and would like to follow it through. Looks like the northwest corner might be decent. Ateast it's close to some more productive areas.

I had a quick look at my Backroads map of that area & your choice of northwest corner is likely a good one. I haven't traveled into there, closest for me was on a motorbike, summit of Terrace Mountain & my approach was off Westside Road. Fintry Protected Area just north of Terrace, not sure what that means or how it relates to hunting. The map shows 2 campsites near the border of the MU west of Terrace Mountain. One is at Sandberg Lake, another a bit farther south near a smaller lake that's not named. Access to both appears to be Stuart FSR. South of the campsites is a Resort at Esperon Lake. All look to be relatively out of the way, so may not be as busy as other areas of that MU. Region 3 is right next door, so more choices. Best of luck, doe LEH might well be a winner in there.