Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Two way radiosi ?

Two way radiosi ?

I got a set of ‘talk about’ two way radios,useless...any good options? What about Beofang? Are they available in Canada ?

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Two way radiosi ?

Ratherbefishin Here is a thread on radios http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showth...Baofeng-Radios.
    I'm still looking as well, so maybe there is some new/recent purchases and members can chime in !
    Arctic Lake
    Member of CCFR Would encourage you all to join today !
    Read Teddy Roosevelt “ The Man In The Arena “ !

446SHOP have 8watt baofeng radios. $35 to $60. Takes about 14 to 16 days shipping. Not much on Ebay and Amazon is slim pickings too. I used these guys for the last 3 that I got for friends. 5watts are 35-37 bucks. Radioditty are rebranded Baofeng. Baofeng Canada will get you a radio quicker but a bit pricier. Still a fair amount of suppliers out there.

What’s the legal implications,if any of these 8 watt radios in Canada?

Its my understanding they are illegal but whos checking! I took one to get it programmed and the radio shop guy told me it was illegal for him to program it. He told me to go to ebay and buy a programming "kit".

I tried to get 2X Baofeng radios on Amazon recently. The order was accepted, then next day received notice that they weren’t available in Canada. I have Icom vhf’s in my pickup and travel trailer, but handhelds would have been nice.

Quote Originally Posted by swampthing View Post
    Its my understanding they are illegal but whos checking! I took one to get it programmed and the radio shop guy told me it was illegal for him to program it. He told me to go to ebay and buy a programming "kit".
    Swampthing did you buy the programming kit then ?
    It seems as though Ratherbefishing and I are trying to find out the best way to get a good handheld and get it programmed as well
    ArcticLake
    Member of CCFR Would encourage you all to join today !
    Read Teddy Roosevelt “ The Man In The Arena “ !

Yup...the talkabout just didn’t work and I need something that we can stay in touch with each other

Quote Originally Posted by CranePete View Post
    I tried to get 2X Baofeng radios on Amazon recently. The order was accepted, then next day received notice that they weren’t available in Canada. I have Icom vhf’s in my pickup and travel trailer, but handhelds would have been nice.
    You can get them at https://www.fleetwooddp.com/ . I got 2X Baofeng last year there together with programming software and cable.

Recent Nanaimo transplant to Williams Lake

Fleetwood is good to deal with and you can get patch cord from him to plug your radio into the computer and down load a program called Chirp and you can program yourself. Also you do not even need a computer they have a keypad do you can program anytime anywhere. You can also just get lists of channels on line to program
    "People who know the least always argue the most."

"You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right, you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong."