Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kamloops area next week

Re: Kamloops area next week

Quote Originally Posted by Looking_4_Jerky View Post
    I've always preferred Reg 8 as there are generally quite a few more young and dumb whities around than region 3, plus the areas south of Kamloops (and closer north areas like Copper Cr) are extremely pressured by the LM crowd on top of the Kamloops crowd. Last few times I have been to Red Lk area has been a total shitshow of hunter traffic! Not what I'm into whether getting on foot or not.
    youre telling me, it’s disgusting and none of them even leave their vehicles. We are forced to drive hours now for our longer hunts to get into timber that you can’t hear trucks and quads cruising around all damn day, the worst part is they don’t even shoot anything most of the time yet the animals still hear them and high tail it, I’ve sat in a drainage 3km from a road watching deer, truck cruises by at said 3km away and every deer hit the thick timber as fast as it could move and their was no road access or open sight lines in the drainage.... tells me everything I need to know, even more so when I can sit on a ridge and watch a dozen trucks drive by in 20minutes.. and it is “remote” country. But with all the road access....

It is getting hard to "get away from the crowds" these days.
    Too many roads, you go for a hike and suddenly "hey, what do you know", I just hit another road!
    Or, one Region shuts down for 10 days and the next Region over becomes a gong show.

All you can do is go on google maps and look and try to find an area without roads near by.
    They are there, but hard pressed to find them!
    And then, are they even good areas for game in the first place???

Google time lapse tells the story, impossible to lie or deny after you cycle from 1986 or so till the present.
    Our landscape has changed big time!!!

I live in Kamloops and have found that the further away from Kamloops you go, the better it is.
    Brian011

Put the coffee cup down & get out of that heated truck and walk. Go up/down deactivated roads. No vehicles, easier walking, glass cuts.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian011 View Post
    I live in Kamloops and have found that the further away from Kamloops you go, the better it is.

Same as around my area.... The further you get from the island the better it is....
    Because in a sense, it's the coming back, the return which gives meaning to the going forth. We really don't know where we've been until we've come back to where we were. Only, where we were may not be as it was because of who we've become. Which is, after all, why we left.

Bernard Stevens

4 mule deers out of tunqwa area,,for my hunting group,5,,still 1 non used tag left...plus some qwaqies...now time for whitatales kootenays ..no complanes..f...g